Executive Golf Course Ratings

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Default Executive Golf Course Ratings

I was told the executive courses are rated one through three. I can't seem to find the ratings. Can someone help? Thanks, Gary
Old 04-27-2008, 04:56 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Executive Golf Course Ratings

Okay, they changed it:

Executive Course Ratings
The Executive Golf Courses are rated based on the difficulty level of the course. It is displayed on a scale of 1 to 4 with 1 being the friendliest and 4 the most challenging. This allows each resident to choose what playing level best suites them so they will be able to maximize their enjoyment when they come out and play.
http://www.golfthevillages.com/image...sesratings.pdf

The main page for Exec courses is http://www.golfthevillages.com/executive-golf/
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 04-27-2008, 05:14 PM

Related ? regarding the exex golf courses.

When making a tee time can you request a second time for the same course, i.e. playing 18 holes rather than just 9 or must you make a second request?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Sage

Dutch,

If you are doing an advance request (more than 3 days out), I suppose you could put in mulitple requests but they would not be able to overlap (i.e. first one time window from 9-12, second one window from 2-4). I have not tried this.

If you are looking within the 3 day available window, the system will allow you to book multiple tee times for the same day, as long as they don't overlap. So, you could book Saddlebrook at 1000 and again at noon or later.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Eternal Member

The answer is no. Once you make a request, a second request will be rejected because you already have one in.

On Thursdays during the summers they have an 18 hole setup at several courses. You book Hawkes Bay betwee 7 and 9 AM (I think) and you roll over to Saddlebrook to make it 18 holes. I think Pimlico and Churchill greens is a second set and I am pretty sure there is a third set - but don't hold me to it.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Sage

ZCaveman,

Thanks for the reminder about summer 18s...had forgotten about that. They also did it last year at Turtle Mound and Sandhill. Not every day of the week but a couple of designated days. That is a way to do an advance request for 18 on execs.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:01 PM

Thanks for the ratings. I have another question on reserving t-times but I think I better start a new thread.

Thanks again, Gary
Old 04-28-2008, 12:13 AM

If I understand correctly the answer is no but only in summer? there are special days for requesting 18 holes. I suppose when you go to the course for your tee time you could ask for an open slot for a time after you finished 9?
Old 04-28-2008, 12:29 AM

I just attended a "Good Golf" class sponsored by TV. It was mentioned that the 18 hole play would be on Thursdays, this summer. They also stated that TV was increasing the number of courses due to the popularity of the play 18 option.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman
If I understand correctly the answer is no but only in summer? there are special days for requesting 18 holes. I suppose when you go to the course for your tee time you could ask for an open slot for a time after you finished 9?
Actually the answer is no all the time with some exceptions. Only in summer, when demand is lower, do they allow limited 18 hole requests on some courses as cited above. Theory is that there is less demand for tee times during the summer, especially afternoons.

A lot of folks don't know the jargon of the golf scheduling process. Seven days prior to your target day, you can make a "Request". As long as there is a Request, you can make any change you'd like, e.g., desired times, courses, substitute players. An individual cannot be on two Requests for the same day. Three days before the target, tee times are assigned and the Request becomes a "Reservation". During that time, you can still substitute players or cancel but you cannot change where or when. At midnight of the target date, everything is locked in and you cannot make changes.

A catch/feature in the system is that once a date is in Reservation status, you can look at what tee times are open and can Reserve them directly. And an individual can be on multiple Reservations.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.