exercise equipment in the rec centers?

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Veteran member
Default exercise equipment in the rec centers?

Can anyone tell me if any of the rec centers have exercise equipment? I know there is equipment at the Wellness Center and that you have to buy a membership, but I was curious if that is the only option. Is the membership expensive?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,555 Times in 1,929 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: exercise equipment in the rec centers?

There is a workout center, I can't remember if it is called the Wellness Center. Wherever it is you have to pay.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

Laurel Manor Rec Center has an exercise equipment room but you have to have a membership to use it. Don't know what the cost is.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Gold member

The Wellness Center is a member only situation except for some of the special events like boot camp and spinning. Membership is available for 6 months. Starting Monday they are selling a 3 month membership which I will be purchasing. I also go for the Boot Camp which is 3 days a week and is an hour work out this is $65.00 for a month which is 12 sessions. I hope the sorness goes away soon!

Wellness Center prices are 6 Months for a single $354.00 and for a couple is $648.00. It is a great facility.

Laural Manor and Colony Cottage Regional rec centers have work out rooms with lots of equipment and is available for a daily charge around $5.00 or weekly around $20.00 or a monthly fee around $50.00.

The daily and weekly pass work out great for guest as we have had family members come in and buy a week pass and they were very impressed with the facility. One of them is in that business.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Eternal Member

Mulberry Grove also has a workout Center

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Veteran member

does BALLYS have a fitness ctr in the tv area?
Wanabee future TVer
Old 05-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Gold member

When we were at the Colony Cottage fitness center they gave me a card showing their rates. The longer you sign up, the lower the per-month cost is. The lowest monthly rate was approx. $30 per person but I forget how long you had to sign up for to get that rate - perhaps 6 months or a year. It looked like a great facility, but other than show you how to use the equipment, they do not do any kind of personalized training. They said that you needed to go to the Wellness Center for that. Our sales rep said that there were a total of 3 such fitness centers spread throughout TV. There was Colony Cottage to the south (near 466A) and then one up near 466 and another one in the more northern part of TV.

If there is anything that I saw that could be considered a negative about TV it was the scarcity of fitness facilities and the fact that it was not covered by the amenity fee. I guess I had assumed that TV would be like any other over-55 community where fitness facilities were included in the monthly fee. I also assumed that each of the neighborhood centers would have such facilities.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,132 Times in 418 Posts
Default I Thought A Big Difference...

...between the Wellness Center and the workout facilities at Mulberry, Laurel Manor and Colony Cottage was that the Wellness Center has personal trainers, lockers/showers and a pool/hot tub available at their facility. The rec center workout rooms have no showers (unless you walk over to the pool area after exercise) or personal trainers. Of course, the Wellness Center is modestly more expensive than the three rec center exercise centers.

I keep hearing rumblings that a second Wellness Center is planned for somewhere around the Colony Cottage area, possibly opening in 2009. Can anyone confirm this? It sure would be a lot more convenient to people who live well south of CR 466.

By the way, NJ...

The Villages Florida

GO BLUE!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Gold member

VK - Love your style. Right back at you:

http://www.umich.edu/~mgoblue/marching-band.html
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.