Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2021, 09:39 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default House Paint colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Call ARC (community Standards 352-751-3912) and discuss with them. I am GUESSING Sherwin Williams may have access or be able to show you the colors. One work of caution, we built our house, and since it was by itself we could choose our color (from the palate), when our neighbors built they wanted the same color and were denied they had to choose another color. ARC will be able to tell you the rules for your CDD.
Also, if you can drive around the neighborhood and you see a house with a color you like, mention the address when you talk to ARC, they can look up the color and let you know if there are any restrictions.
Good advice. There have been some houses in TV that didn’t get approval from ARC and had to be repainted. Homeowner wasted a lot of money...
Old 01-27-2021, 09:40 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Please play by the rules!
Old 01-27-2021, 09:42 AM

We just built a new home in Chitty Chatty and I chose colors from swatches at Home Depot and they matched them. They were a shade of gray that I had not seen when driving around there ---so no problems. If you were to go red, purple or bright orange etc there could be a problem ....better ask.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:50 AM
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, Vero Beach, Fl and now The Villages

I drove around my neighborhood and found a house I loved, knocked on the door and they gave me the paint colors. Don’t trust those tiny swatches.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
I just went through the process. You have to go to the Admin office at Lake Sumter Square. They have a color palette there for residents to choose a pre-approved color.

Call 352-751-3912 to set up an appointment to make your choice.
I just got approved for Inky Blue from Sherwin Williams.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
I wouldn’t worry, in our village people seem to paint what ever they want. We have sky blue, dark brown all the colours of the rainbow. So do what you want
Be careful with this, Buzzer and others.

Do we have a fact checker on board? How do you spell fake newz?
Old 01-27-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzerbaby View Post
Thanks for all the replies, We are hoping to close on the house soon. I'm just trying to get ideas before we get down there, currently in Washington State.
I moved into a brand new house in Marsh Bend that I hated the color of.....hated the body and the accent colors. I drove around the new section, found a color combination I liked and called the Warranty Dept. I gave them the address of the home and they looked it up and told me what the colors were. I then applied to the ARC for approval (It was approved.) This only works (getting the colors of an already existing home) if that owner has not repainted and perhaps didn't get approval. The original colors are the ones that will show up in the Warranty Dept. for that address. Therefore, I would advise you to ride around the newest sections (South of the Tpke) to see what different colors look like in real life. I also can provide the name and phone number of the fantastic painter who repainted my whole house. He is careful, tidy and reasonable. His name is Isaias. His Company is ISSA Painting (352-398-8151.) He is careful, tidy and reasonable. Tell him Carolyn in Marsh Bend recommended him. Good luck with your move.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

The love bugs are attracted to yellow. I’d pick another color other than the soft yellow the Developer often uses.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
I wouldn’t worry, in our village people seem to paint what ever they want. We have sky blue, dark brown all the colours of the rainbow. So do what you want
You only get in trouble if someone complains. In my village, no one complains about anything because everyone does a great job in decorating their home and exterior. Lawn ornaments, fountains, etc.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
You still need ARC approval, the color palettes are not the same for all of the CDDs, and the newer sections have different colors from the older sections.
If you choose a color from your CDD's palette you do NOT need ARC approval. The Villages office in Lake Sumter Landing has all of the pallettes, or go by the online link above.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzerbaby View Post
Thanks for all the replies, We are hoping to close on the house soon. I'm just trying to get ideas before we get down there, currently in Washington State.
Clearly, it is an expensive job. The pallets are at best confusing depending on what Village etc. I would have the Villages office SIGN OFF ON YOUR CHOICE.

We've been here for eight years. At one of the plant care lectures I went to the lecturer ask how many of you are Northerners-I was one. The next line was forget everything you knew about plant care. I know I've been here a while because palm trees seem normal.

We've never had a problem with anything at all. But, do-overs are very costly not only in money but in grief.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Be careful with this, Buzzer and others.

Do we have a fact checker on board? How do you spell fake newz?

I often wonder and sometimes post. But, DaveS of the VILLAGES said I could.
I suggest to all, verify any advice you get on anything
Closed Thread

Tags
color, house, choices, find, palette

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.