February POA Bulletin - Axe to Grind

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2014, 06:38 AM

I don't have a problem with negative items being reported. I like having the information.

What I don't like, however, is the "us against them" attitude that is pervasive throughout the paper. It's unnecessary. It makes me wonder how truthful the information is if the POA is always right (therefore, the good guys) and the developer is always wrong (the bad guys).

It seems to me that they might appear to be less offensive--and perhaps even get more readership--if they kept a professional, neutral tone. It's a complete turn-off the way it's currently written, IMHO.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbh1975 View Post
I don't have a problem with negative items being reported. I like having the information.

What I don't like, however, is the "us against them" attitude that is pervasive throughout the paper. It's unnecessary. It makes me wonder how truthful the information is if the POA is always right (therefore, the good guys) and the developer is always wrong (the bad guys).

It seems to me that they might appear to be less offensive--and perhaps even get more readership--if they kept a professional, neutral tone. It's a complete turn-off the way it's currently written, IMHO.
Exactly. Well said.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Alternative

If someone does not appreciate the hard work the POA does to protect the residents against questional practices or charges there is the option to only use the VHA as a source. Since the VHA is an arm of the Developer and allegedly was established by the Developer because the POA challenged him in the Law Suit which awarded the POA $40M to correct deficencies which were being ignoring. How many actually knew that the POA was the sole representative for the residents and supported by the Developer ""BEFORE" they had to sue to get the corrections made to the Rec Center, etc. After they won they lost the support of the Developer and the VHA was formed as a replacement and allegedly an arm of the Developer. . THe POA has maintained its commitment to the residents and it would be rather helpful if the residents understood the history and supported the independence of the POA to act as a watch dog for them.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.