Fence installer

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2021, 07:26 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts
Default Fence installer

I'm trying to find someone to install a patio fence. I've tried the classifieds in the Daily Sun and also searching and found no one. My neighbor had one installed several years ago and they moved so don't know who they used. I would need someone that is familiar with getting approval here in TV.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I'm trying to find someone to install a patio fence. I've tried the classifieds in the Daily Sun and also searching and found no one. My neighbor had one installed several years ago and they moved so don't know who they used. I would need someone that is familiar with getting approval here in TV.
You can get approval, contact ARC and get the form and fill it out, no cost and about 2 week turn around, and as I recall it is good for 6 months. DO NOT rely on a contractor to do this, I got burned on this.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:11 PM
Sage

I wouldn't let them start without the approval and no sense getting it if I can't find someone to do the work. I've had other outside work done where the contractor took care of the approval, permits, etc. so I know how it works but I'm not good at drawing this stuff out for approval, I would rather have them do it.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:07 AM
Sage

I believe Lowe's and Home Depot sell fencing, probably also Spaars, and they have installers, so that may work for you. On the flip side I have seen some very bad reports on the quality of work that the subcontractors do. After I reread your initial request, I am guessing you are in a CYV where some of the homes have the fences on the front patio, so you probably have the option to take a picture of another house with a fence like you want and use that for the submission to ARC. In my case the contractor said they got approval (landscaping) when they did not actually submit the form, I found out after the fact, and fortunately was able to correct the situation. I was also burned with a SPA permit and an electrical permit when the contractor completed all of the work without any permits, found out 18 months later, this was more of a mess to straighten out.
Good luck with your project.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:20 PM
Sage

Yes, I have had bad experiences with Lowe's installers in the past so that ain't gonna happen and this will be a custom made fence not something you just buy at Lowe's and install. I am not in a CYV, I already stated that I'm not going to submit an application until I find someone that will do the installation and take care of the paper work themselves. If you allowed a Landscaper to do work without seeing the approval and permits, you know who to blame, same with your spa. Doesn't seem like anyone here has ever had a fence installed.

Last edited by vintageogauge; 12-05-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, I have had bad experiences with Lowe's installers in the past so that ain't gonna happen and this will be a custom made fence not something you just buy at Lowe's and install. I am not in a CYV, I already stated that I'm not going to submit an application until I find someone that will do the installation and take care of the paper work themselves. If you allowed a Landscaper to do work without seeing the approval and permits, you know who to blame, same with your spa. Doesn't seem like anyone here has ever had a fence installed.
In general fences are not allowed, except low ones in CYVs, I am going to suggest you at least make a call to ARC to see if what you want to do is actually allowed.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:24 PM
Sage

In my original post I noted that my neighbor had one installed and that is very similar to the one I want to install so yes, they are allowed. I called ARC and they would not give me any information other than submit my plans. I'm only asking for the name of a fence company, other advice I do not need, you would think that someone over the year has had a fence installed by someone.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Patio fence? Do you mean a railing?
Old 12-06-2021, 07:20 AM

Go to sparr in Wildwood

Quote:
Old 12-06-2021, 07:20 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Holy Moly, the Tinker was only trying to be helpful. Not necessary to get up in his grille.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:29 AM

Tri County Fencing did a good job for me a few years ago.
(352) 245-3915
Old 12-06-2021, 07:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Holy Moly, the Tinker was only trying to be helpful. Not necessary to get up in his grille.
I'm not. I asked a simple question, a very simple question and look at the replies I'm getting????? All I need is the name of a fencing company, that's all, it's as simple as that. The reply above yours is implying that I don't know the difference between a fence and a rail, I'm not even going to answer that one.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:44 AM

Crickets
Old 12-06-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:

We used Gifford Fence Company and are happy with their work. We don’t live in TV, however, but in Lady Lake.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	C6470001-8EAF-4223-979E-C38980C44082.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	91797  
Old 12-06-2021, 08:43 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=vintageogauge;2037102]I'm not. I asked a simple question, a very simple question and look at the replies I'm getting?????

That’s the nature of ANY forum. People are just trying to be helpful. Get over it !

Quote:
All I need is the name of a fencing company, that's all, it's as simple as that.
Don’t know what kind of “searching” you claim to have done but when I do a Google search on “fence companies near me” , a bunch of choices come up.

Additionally, if you call the Warranty Department, they would be able to provide you with the name and phone number of the company (s) they use for installing fences in their patio and veranda models.

Hope you find my response useful and that it doesn’t offend you !
Closed Thread

Tags
fence, moved, years, familiar, approval

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.