Fenney-ites - feedback on golf cart disconnectedness

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Vintage....friend of mine just bought a villa in fenney. Street had approx. 25 unsold villas. Week after he bought they lowered the proces an average of $8,000 per villa.

So tell me they are selling fast?. As we know the most sacred developer wouldnt lower the prices unless they had to.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts
Question

Generic statement, not directed at anyone specifically: EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion(s).

From those that think Fenney is awesome and their idea of a perfect place to live...to those who imply that they couldn't be paid to live there.

I guess I just don't understand why some people think that personal attacks on other TOTV members is warranted and justified, when that person posts criticism of public figures/an entity/inanimate object/etc...and said criticism is NOT directed toward another poster and/or member.

As for the thread subject, I personally think that those buying in Fenney are currently missing out on what is to me a huge positive part of living here...that being the ability to use a golf cart for so many day-to-day activities.

And even when the bridges and cart paths are eventually built to connect Fenney with everything else...it's gonna take some pretty long golf cart rides to get anywhere much beyond Brownwood.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Fenney is a natural fresh water spring recognized by the State Of Florida. Part of nature that we all get to enjoy on a daily basis if we so choose. I believe it is the only one in Sumter county.
Does it taste like Tilapia?
Old 04-04-2018, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post

Old 04-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Vintage....friend of mine just bought a villa in fenney. Street had approx. 25 unsold villas. Week after he bought they lowered the proces an average of $8,000 per villa.

So tell me they are selling fast?. As we know the most sacred developer wouldnt lower the prices unless they had to.
There are ten Sweetgum Villas left and no Cypress Villas left in Fenney as of this minute. I just looked. And lowering the prices to finish out an area is commonly done here. They have a bunch of NEWCypress Veranda Villa's, , as big as designers. Wow.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

NO. I don't work for them. I just like to watch this market.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-04-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post

Old 04-04-2018, 02:08 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

The only Villas they dropped the price on is one neighborhood of courtyards, Mockingbird, as they released the Verandas and they are in direct competition with the courtyard villas. The Verandas are fenced in completely for dogs just like the courtyard villas but are designer homes starting in the low $200's that is why that particular group was lowered and not all of them were lowered, only 9 or 10, several on corner lots. All of those courtyard villas are/were priced in the low 200's up into the 300's. The other villa neighborhoods are basically all sold and they just released another neighborhood called the Cypress Villas and from what I understand they too are selling rapidly. So yes, they are selling fast with the exception of a handful and those will eventually all be sold too. You should take a drive down here and look at the model in the sales office that shows all of the homes that have been sold then you would understand the pace at which these are selling.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
I've heard that the average villager moves 3x it does make me wonder. Do they enjoy packing? The paperwork?

IN THE END YOU CAN BE HAPPY OR MISERABLE ANYWHERE.
YOU CAN SEE THE FLOWERS OR FIND THE WEEDS.
So I will explain the move three time here for us. We bought our first house, a patio villa as a vaca home. Sold it, didn’t move a thing, closed by mail. Bought our second home, with 2 car garage, nothing to move, closed by mail. Third house we live in full time, have a 2 car with golf cart garage, closed by mail. Closing by mail took us 25 minutes.

For others they move from 2000sf to 1200sf, or other way around to take care of aging parents, or sometimes due to death or other health issues and no longer need that much space.

We are no longer are attached to a home, moving here was inexpensive for them to pack our stuff and move cart and all. Our homes sold in 3 days. And I do not consider this a forever home, things happen. I have the ability to do what ever comes next in life.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Sage

Sounds like a lot of Villas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Sage

It doesn't really matter. I suspect most people primarily use the amenities close to their home. That is the basic concept of "scaling" the amenities. For example, I have never traveled to Spanish Springs by golf cart - I live near Brownwood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
And even when the bridges and cart paths are eventually built to connect Fenney with everything else...it's gonna take some pretty long golf cart rides to get anywhere much beyond Brownwood.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sounds Irish to me.
I heard it was originally going to be called Fine' like at the end of the black and white Italian movies because it was the last development being built.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, wondering, feedback, golf, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.