Fenny or ???

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2019, 04:41 PM
Default Fenny or ???

Planning on moving to the villages. New builds are in Fenny. What are your thoughts on That area? Seems a bit far from all the other things that are happening in the villages.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I don't live there but it's outstanding. Not being connected yet would be a nice trade-off as far as I'm concerned. It's a personal thing, you have to see for yourself.

Every area in the entire joint has strong points and drawbacks. The drawbacks in our area are minor.

You'll be fine wherever you land. Good Luck.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriboo View Post
Planning on moving to the villages. New builds are in Fenny. What are your thoughts on That area? Seems a bit far from all the other things that are happening in the villages.
Do a search on here. Many posts pro & con.
Have you been here? That will help.
A bit far right now.....but the future is bright.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Fenny is built out so no new construction going on, what is available are the spec homes.....there are many other neighborhoods that are under construction so you can have input on what you want built and several of the neighborhoods are farther north from Fenny.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Depends on what lifestyle you are looking for and how soon you want it. If you place a value on long nature walking trails then buy in the new build-area. If you are planning on full time residency right away and don't want to wait for a full menu of amenities, then look in the northern sections. If you want to be able to do just about anything via golf cart and don't want to wait for development/connectivity, avoid Fenny. If you place a great value in Championship golf that you can easily get to in your golf cart, avoid the new build out areas. I have no doubt that the new build out areas will eventually be spectacular, but there is clearly not an emphasis in Championship golf but instead different amenity options geared toward the next generation of retires. Since we place a high value on Championship golf and being able to do just about anything we want via our golf cart, the new build out areas are not for us. And we only have a finite amount of active years left, so we certainly don't want to wait. That's why we bought in the Lake Sumter/Spanish Springs area.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:19 PM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

First thing... The area south of 44 is ALL Southern Oaks... Fenney was the first village south of 44, but it is only one village of many new villages of Southern Oaks.

Fenney is completed built out... there are some 10 or 11 spec houses left... From Fenney, the next village (to the East) is DeSoto, it is also ALL BUILT (with only spec houses left), next to that (to East) is McClure. I believe that is now completely built out (but there may be a few lots here and there).... After those, for new lots, you have Marsh Bend to the North, Linden to the East and another new village, Monarch...

All of these areas are building FAST...

Good luck. It is ALL beautiful and AMAZING!
Old 05-03-2019, 07:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

If you like to go for walks, Fenney and the other Southern Oaks villages are the place to live.

The rest of The Villages is crummy for walkers. The Multi-Modal paths are too dangerous (just last week we saw the paramedics treating an injured lady on the MMP), in the neighborhoods you can't walk side-by-side because of the cars, and the sidewalks are not enjoyable because they a foot away from the golf cart lanes.

You may not know the number of walking trails (no carts allowed) in the Southern Oaks area. There are miles of trails and some of them are exceptionally beautiful.

In my opinion, Linden and Monarch Grove will be the best areas. Marsh Bend is a great place to visit, but I think it will be a zoo when it and De Luna are finished.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Our Daughter has a 3/2 courtyard villa in DeSoto for rent on a 6 month or longer basis. You might want to try before you buy. Send me a pm for details.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
If you like to go for walks, Fenney and the other Southern Oaks villages are the place to live.

The rest of The Villages is crummy for walkers. The Multi-Modal paths are too dangerous (just last week we saw the paramedics treating an injured lady on the MMP), in the neighborhoods you can't walk side-by-side because of the cars, and the sidewalks are not enjoyable because they a foot away from the golf cart lanes.

You may not know the number of walking trails (no carts allowed) in the Southern Oaks area. There are miles of trails and some of them are exceptionally beautiful.

In my opinion, Linden and Monarch Grove will be the best areas. Marsh Bend is a great place to visit, but I think it will be a zoo when it and De Luna are finished.
I agreed with everything said, until your last line. Can't help but wonder why anyone thinks Marsh Bend & De Luna "will be a zoo"when built out.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 05-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Southern Oaks is far from the stores and restaurants along the 441 stomping ground that is north of 466. These retail stores and restaurants are more important to me than walking trails. I want to be a hop, skip and a jump to Home Depot, Michael's, Target, Kohl's, Best Buy, Pier One Imports, Lowes, Pet Smart, etc, etc. Restaurants such as Chilis, Carabbas, Bamboo Bistro, Texas Roadhouse, Applebees, etc, etc. are also more important to me than walking trails.

Southern Oaks is beautiful but......getting there is not so beautiful and I won't go into that. You must see it to understand.

There is something for everyone here in The Villages. You have to see the entire area and what is available for the lifestyle you are looking for. Southern Oaks is not for everyone and then the northern Villages is not for everyone either. As I said, you must see it to make a decision which is best for you.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriboo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Do a search on here. Many posts pro & con.
Have you been here? That will help.
A bit far right now.....but the future is bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Fenny is built out so no new construction going on, what is available are the spec homes.....there are many other neighborhoods that are under construction so you can have input on what you want built and several of the neighborhoods are farther north from Fenny.
PO, when you do a search, it is Fenney, not Fenny.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:47 PM
Platinum member

Fenney or bust!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2019, 10:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
Can't help but wonder why anyone thinks Marsh Bend & De Luna "will be a zoo"when built out.
Because there is only one road (Marsh Bend Trail) to get in and out. One end of that road will be at 301 and the other at Warm Springs Ave, which is several miles away.

The people who live in the middle, like in De Luna, will have to drive miles just to get out to a main road, which will irritate them, so they will drive faster. Since Marsh Bend Trail has a lot of curves and the road is shared with golf carts, I think there will be more accidents than we see on roads like Moyer or Odell.

The people in Linden and Monarch Grove will much easier access to 501.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
PO, when you do a search, it is Fenney, not Fenny.
Always reasonable and helpful posts. You are such a good help on this forum.

I am your fan.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:03 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

South of 44 is in a few words, very relaxing. The commercial development will come and golf car connectivity is currently under construction. A lot of new and different amenities down here and many more in the works. As noted above, take your time and look at all the villages and what they have to offer. We will be here in Fenney 2 years next week and really enjoy it.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenny, villages, things, bit, happening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.