Fenny exisiting Home $$$ increased

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2018, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Likely marketing, like much of the rest of this thread. If you look at the Veranda homes, I believe they are all existing designer home models, but when they make a Veranda home out of it, they call it by a different name. The Veranda I bought is called a Hillsdale but is the same home as the Mossy Oak designer floor plan. What is it they say about a rose by another name? This is not a new tactic and in some ways it helps avoid confusion. Many of the designer homes are called one name when they are stucco construction and called something else when vinyl sided versions of the same floor plan.
This is exactly what they do. The agents usually have a sheet showing the different names side by side.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Yeah, but a lot of the upgrades could be things you may not want, like summer kitchens, crown molding, or driveway pavers.

In addition, a lot of people watch HGTV and believe the hosts when they say, "These $50K upgrades increased the value of the house by $80K." Dream on.
We agree completely with this comment. We are so tired of shiplap, open concept everything (no, the house doesn't get bigger because you remove walls), and increases in value that significantly exceed the costs of the improvements. HGTV just replays the same tunes over and over. We love the fact that contractors appear instantaneously, permits are granted virtually on the spot, and time delays just don't happen.

Last edited by EnglishJW; 05-13-2018 at 10:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-13-2018, 11:07 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
There are plenty of MLS agents/brokers out there, all over the country, who aren't "Realtors" and they do just fine.
Only in some states - and areas therein - and under specific conditions can non-Realtor agents gain access to the MLS. Of course they have to pay a fee; but that fee is less than it costs to be a member Realtor. It just depends.

Non-Member Access to REALTOR(R) Association Multiple Listing Services | www.nar.realtor

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 05-13-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:40 PM
Sage

Buy the house to enjoy, not to make $$ on--and if you have to think about $1K on a house--maybe TV won't fit your lifestyle

Last edited by Chatbrat; 05-13-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:46 AM

It seems that with a high inventory of new houses that someone purchasing a new home in The Villages should pay less than the asking price. For example, if the asking is $300,000, would an offer of $270,000 be appropriate? What is your experience?

Especially interested in recent experiences and the village of Fenney.

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2018, 06:06 AM

If you mean buying brand new directly from The Villages the answer is NO. You cannot offer less than the asking price not even a penny less. Resales yes but if I were asking $300,000 and an offer came in at 270,000 I’d counter at 330,000 unless the market was dead and I was desperate to get out. Just my humble opinion...
Old 05-25-2018, 06:38 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banaporg View Post
If you mean buying brand new directly from The Villages the answer is NO. You cannot offer less than the asking price not even a penny less. Resales yes but if I were asking $300,000 and an offer came in at 270,000 I’d counter at 330,000 unless the market was dead and I was desperate to get out. Just my humble opinion...
Agree. don't waste your time making an offer on a new home. If they have dead inventory they will mark it down themselves but the agents will not write up anything lower than the asking price.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:21 AM
Default Resale

All depends on upgrades and how well the house was maintained. The beautiful ones go quick at a higher price and the ones that people hardly did anything to and don't show great will sit and sell at a much lower price
Old 05-26-2018, 05:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Does anyone remember what the least expensive 2 bedroom patio sold for? I tried looking this up and I sent an email to the salesperson who sold me my home. And I appreciate you for taking the time to reply.
6 years ago they were under $130K
Old 05-26-2018, 06:18 AM
Gold member

I was in real estate for 35 years. Hello, supply and demand. And I never would buy "full priced retail" but some do. It's the same as buying a new car vs. a used car, your choice. One of the most curious things I ever found during my career were the people who bought homes for the large, bright windows and then when I went back to visit they had covered all those "large, bright windows" with heavy curtains. Go figure.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:39 AM

We have been here 9 years, and it's amazing how much they adjust the prices up and down. We bought a new home about a year ago and the house next door to us went up a little over $20,000, in a short period of time. It's a big game they play
Old 05-26-2018, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by genobambino View Post
We have been here 9 years, and it's amazing how much they adjust the prices up and down. We bought a new home about a year ago and the house next door to us went up a little over $20,000, in a short period of time. It's a big game they play
It is called business.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:26 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellincf View Post
I was in real estate for 35 years. Hello, supply and demand. And I never would buy "full priced retail" but some do. It's the same as buying a new car vs. a used car, your choice. One of the most curious things I ever found during my career were the people who bought homes for the large, bright windows and then when I went back to visit they had covered all those "large, bright windows" with heavy curtains. Go figure.
I bought my first house in 1967 and have held a real estate broker's license since 1976. During that period I have snapped up an occasional property at asking price, locking it up ahead of backup offers which occurred because it was a hot property, a hot market, or both. Most of the time one can of course negotiate an asking price down. It depends. A couple of months ago my daughter got her Aliso Viejo, CA condo under contract within four days. It needed new carpeting, a total paint job and was not staged. She received five offers within two days of it going on the market. She accepted a cash offer well above her asking price. It closed right on time, no problem. Hot market action!

The Villages is a spectacularly successful development. As a highly sophisticated business entity the developer constantly resets prices to adjust them to what the market will bear, sell off stale inventory and for various other reasons. Your local car dealer, furniture store and grocer do the same.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 05-26-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:54 AM

Agree with that completely. Your money is as safe as it can be in these times invested in Villages property.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:46 AM

The village REPS have a real estate license but they are not Realtors. They are in effect an employee of developer as they cannot sell property outside of the villages. They work like a licensed builder rep. you are familiar with in non-village communities. They only sell the builders properties even tho they have a Real Estate license from their board.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, sales, price, fenny, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.