Fenny exisiting Home $$$ increased

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2018, 12:40 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebemary View Post
The village REPS have a real estate license but they are not Realtors. They are in effect an employee of developer as they cannot sell property outside of the villages. They work like a licensed builder rep. you are familiar with in non-village communities. They only sell the builders properties even tho they have a Real Estate license from their board.
They are more likely independent contractors, not employees, although I really do not know. As I understand it most real estate agents, including Realtors, are independent contractors.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-26-2018, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have gone to eat at Fenney Grill several times now. It seems that each time we drive down there the area is growing in front of our eyes. The porch at the Fenney Grill reminds me of a Girl Scout Camp Cottage Porch and the view to the spectacular Family pool is so beautiful with all of those towering oaks. It seems so private and so in the country.

We always take a spin through the Village of Fenney, now becoming the new Village of DeSoto. The residents show the same sense of property pride you see everywhere in The Villages. It is so beautiful.

It is hard to believe that there wasn't one single house south of 466A just shy of eight years ago. All of the landscaping and trees in the common areas and near the homes look like it has always been there.

I am so proud to call this place, The Villages, home.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

We were told today at the sales office that all existing inventory as well as new builds selling prices are being increased by $6,500 to $8,000 on June 4th.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil GTO View Post
Agree with that completely. Your money is as safe as it can be in these times invested in Villages property.
For now I think this is true, but history does repeat itself. It was about 10 years ago that the nation, including The Villages, had a real estate bubble that burst. The combination of a lack of banking regulations & inflated prices led to trouble, which took a long time to get out of.

That being said, I would not hesitate to buy in Fenney. But expect to pay full price for a new home or negotiate on a pre-owned one (which there are a few in that village).

I am curious to see what the prices on the new builds, as they get constructed back up towards Rte 44, will be.

I too heard today, while golfing with a Villages employee in the sales office, that prices were going up next month.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
There is no road noise inside Fenney it is just on the perimeter homes along 468 and that is why they have been discounted. Future development will not increase road noise except for that particular area. They are great deals if you are used to hearing cars and trucks. I'm sure the homes built along 466A, 466, Buena Vista, and Morse were discounted also when they were new as there is a lot of traffic on those roads also.
No, homes that back to roads are not discounted. Some people prefer them, so as not to be too close to a neighbor's lanai. We back to Morse & like it. Seldom noisy. Lots to see.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
No, homes that back to roads are not discounted. Some people prefer them, so as not to be too close to a neighbor's lanai. We back to Morse & like it. Seldom noisy. Lots to see.
468 is 45 MPH 4-lanes, lots of trucks. It will seldom be quiet.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:17 PM

I can't understand why people want to live in Fenney. It's in the middle of nowhere, near a federal correction complex, and will have the dust and noise of construction around for years to come.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
I can't understand why people want to live in Fenney. It's in the middle of nowhere, near a federal correction complex, and will have the dust and noise of construction around for years to come.
I’m with you. If it was me, I’d buy a preowned in a central location, preferably one that had the bond paid off.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:44 PM

the most important decision of where to live here in the villages is KNOWING YOURSELF. and what brings you JOY.

I choose a pond view near 466 less expensive and all that I need is within a mile. If I were 50 yr old, and had an extra $75,000 for a water view, I would consider something more toward the south
right now Fenney does feel like the "end of the earth" from where I am. I'm sure as it builds up they will have "everything" we have here. I predict a Villages 1 and a Villages II in the long term future. that will be divided by 44
KNOW YOURSELF THEN hire the sales person.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notes View Post
I’m with you. If it was me, I’d buy a preowned in a central location, preferably one that had the bond paid off.
Yep...exactly what we did.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
That is part of it, being temporarily disconnected makes for a quiet relaxing rural atmosphere, that is what brought me down her. it's not in the middle of nowhere, less than 10 minutes to Paddock Square/Brownwood, and Rohan along with public, fuel, etc.25 minutes via I-75 to shopping in Ocala or about the same to 27/441 shopping. Retail will be here before you know it both small and large. The correction complex has no affect on Fenney, in over a year I have not hear sirens or seen bright lights, with the new Wildwood land they are going to build all the way around it. The construction is all but over in Fenney so the dust and noise is 95% gone, all of the construction is now in DeSoto and McClure and they have their own construction entrances over there. Fenney is clean and quiet with plenty of amenities. I feel that even after we have golf car access north of 468 and 44 that most people living here will not venture very far up there as with all that is going to be down here there will be no need. You really don't know the feel down here without experiencing it, it's different than other areas of TV, not saying which is better as that is a personal preference but it sure is different, friendly, and peaceful.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
That is part of it, being temporarily disconnected makes for a quiet relaxing rural atmosphere, that is what brought me down her. it's not in the middle of nowhere, less than 10 minutes to Paddock Square/Brownwood, and Rohan along with public, fuel, etc.25 minutes via I-75 to shopping in Ocala or about the same to 27/441 shopping. Retail will be here before you know it both small and large. The correction complex has no affect on Fenney, in over a year I have not hear sirens or seen bright lights, with the new Wildwood land they are going to build all the way around it. The construction is all but over in Fenney so the dust and noise is 95% gone, all of the construction is now in DeSoto and McClure and they have their own construction entrances over there. Fenney is clean and quiet with plenty of amenities. I feel that even after we have golf car access north of 468 and 44 that most people living here will not venture very far up there as with all that is going to be down here there will be no need. You really don't know the feel down here without experiencing it, it's different than other areas of TV, not saying which is better as that is a personal preference but it sure is different, friendly, and peaceful.
It never ceases to amaze me the rudeness of people bashing/criticizing others, based on where they live. Not that long ago there was nothing south of 466A, and people said similar things. Although I don't live in Fenny, I visit, golf and work there frequently, and I love it.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimf2018 View Post
It seems that with a high inventory of new houses that someone purchasing a new home in The Villages should pay less than the asking price. For example, if the asking is $300,000, would an offer of $270,000 be appropriate? What is your experience?

Especially interested in recent experiences and the village of Fenney.

Thanks!
New houses the price is the price. There’s no negotiating on any new house unless the village is almost closed out and then TV sets a discount
Old 05-28-2018, 10:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
6 years ago they were under $130K
In 2010, 2/2patio villa with a 1.5 garage started at 128,000, with flat ceilings white appliances and oak cabinets. Depending on the upgrades it went up from there.

If you really want to see what homes are selling for you can just go to the county site plug-in an address and then you can look at how much all of the houses sold for.

Last edited by asianthree; 05-28-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
If you have purchased a new home here you have lived through the dust in the dirt while a new village is being created. We have purchased two new homes and have live through it. It’s not a big deal.

Last I heard no one here twists your arm,tied you up, and gagged you until you buy a house.
It’s personal preference we all choose to live in the village of our choice.

Not sure why you have such an issue with those who buy and Fenney. If you don’t want to live there just don’t buy a house there. there are many extremely happy people in the village of Fenney, and probably our son will be one of them. I am on the fence as to move for the 4th time, and desend into the quiet of Fenney.

Tags
home, sales, price, fenny, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.