Few Questions about Fitness centers

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Default Few Questions about Fitness centers

Based on May or last summer, how crowded are the treadmills at fitness centers in June and July at 7AM when they 1st open open.
Aprox how many treadmills do they have and if crowded is there a time limit on machine
I could go to Laurel Manor or Colony Cottage - is one less crowded than the other
Does membership permit you to use any of the fitness centers?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Default Fitness Centers

#1. I can't speak for 7am,but we just came back from Mulberry at 1030am and it was not crowded at all.
#2.Number of treadmills 15 with a 20 min time limit"when busy"
#3.Don't know,I use Mulberry
#4.Yes
Old 05-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Gold member
Default Another question

When we were there on our last LSV, I found them to be very expensive. I think was around $36 per month. That is a price that I don't think I am willing to pay for such limited facilities. Here, in Massachusetts, $36 per month is not unheard of but the facilities are very impressive. Are you paying for the convince? Is that the best price? Is there anything good off campus?

Just wondering

Yoda
Old 05-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Veteran member

Not crowded at all in the summer. They now have sign up lists for certain machines in case they get busy. I assume most people go early. I go late afternoons and pay the $5 a session. That way I know I'll stay to get my money's worth. Have bought a 1 yr. gym membership in the past and never went once.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:29 PM

Okay, I have a question. Does the $135.00 a month fee cover the Fitness Centers or are they a separate cost? I was under the impression that (with exception to some of the golf courses) everything was included in the monthly fee. Can anyone help clarify this? Thanks. SookeyJo in Ohio
Old 05-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Platinum member

Fitness centers are not included in the amenities - one of my few pet peeves about TV. I think the demographics of the population that will be the next wave will suggest that fitness centers will be a major selling point. The fitness classes in the recreation centers (which are included in the amenities) are full and you have to go early to get your place in many of them.

PS - Where in Ohio are you? I'm from Columbus/Upper Arlington.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:44 PM

JoJo - I'm from Lancaster, not too far down the road from you! We visited TV last month, took the trolley tour and are, beyond a shadow of a doubt, sure this is where we want to retire. We are still looking at two years yet, but I know they will pass quickly.

Thanks for the info!

Sookey Jo
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.