A few whys ???

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Gold member
Smile A few whys ???

Why do shoppers leave their basket cart nearly against another shoppers vehicles when the basket cart return is only 10 feet away ??

Whe do Villagers allowed six, seven, up to a twelve year old youngsters operate golf carts when it is clearly a violation??

Why do Villagers allow their dogs to roam free when the covenants clearly require pets to be on a leash when outside the home ??

Why do Villagers not pick up after their dogs ??

Why do Villagers become angry at others so easily ??

Why do Villagers want golf carts to greatly exceed the 19.9 MPH speed limit??.

Why do babys learn to hate??

Why do men refuse to raise the toilet seat ??

Why do Villagers park their golf carts in the middle of auto parking spaces at the postal stations ??

Well , these are enough for now, feel free to add your own. It might be fun....
Old 02-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Why do shoppers leave their basket cart nearly against another shoppers vehicles when the basket cart return is only 10 feet away ??

Whe do Villagers allowed six, seven, up to a twelve year old youngsters operate golf carts when it is clearly a violation??

Why do Villagers allow their dogs to roam free when the covenants clearly require pets to be on a leash when outside the home ??

Why do Villagers park their golf carts in the middle of auto parking spaces at the postal stations ??

I'd rather know (positive things)
Why are Villagers the happiest people you know
Why are Villagers so eager to help their neighbors
Why are Villagers so outgoing and friendly
Why do Villagers want to learn so many new things that they never tried before they came here
Why are Villagers just such wonderful people
Just because...that's why.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

why do you intimate or paint us "Villagers" with the broad brush of those things done by only a minority who live here. And you don't really know how many that do your "whys" are not "Villagers".

Most of us do what is right and object to general categorization ....even perchance in a humorous mode.....I subscribe to the old saying that many a true word is said in jest.

OK all you knuckle head "villagers" that do the whys....shape up....you are giving us a bad rap!!

btk
Old 02-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
why do you intimate or paint us "Villagers" with the broad brush of those things done by only a minority who live here. And you don't really know how many that do your "whys" are not "Villagers".

Most of us do what is right and object to general categorization ....even perchance in a humorous mode.....I subscribe to the old saying that many a true word is said in jest.

OK all you knuckle head "villagers" that do the whys....shape up....you are giving us a bad rap!!

btk
I am gonna try to do better.

Billy. Your nailed it once again.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Sage
Smile

Okay, here's my big opportunity to complain about something I've been wondering about for a long time.

Why can't men pee in the urinal without making a puddle on the floor in front of it?

Why can't the recreation center mop it up a few times every day on a busy day?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Okay, here's my big opportunity to complain about something I've been wondering about for a long time.

Why can't men pee in the urinal without making a puddle on the floor in front of it?

Why can't the recreation center mop it up a few times every day on a busy day?
Ewww...
Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 PM

I totally feel what Warren was trying to illuminate. My "why" is

Why can't someone post without it being intimated that they are attacking the perfect Nirvana of the the Villages and its (selected) people?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzschmidt View Post
I totally feel what Warren was trying to illuminate. My "why" is

Why can't someone post without it being intimated that they are attacking the perfect Nirvana of the the Villages and its (selected) people?

AWESOME!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I don't see any of these things in the Villages. Well, hardly ever.

I see the vast majority of people returning their shopping carts to the proper area.

I don't think that I've ever seen a six or seven year old driving a golf cart. Maybe a 12 year old in a quiet area with an adult closely supervising them.

I occasionally see a cat running around but I've never seen a loose dog except one that ran away and I helped the owner capture.

Every person I've ever seen waling their dogs in my neighborhood has a plastic bag on their hand.

Angry??? I've found Villagers to be the happiest, friendliest people of any community I've ever lived in.

My golf cart can go 22 mph under optimal conditions. It might on a regular basis go 20-21 unless I'm going downhill. I don't see many people passing me and my cart has the high powered motor. I'd hardly call 20-22 mph "greatly exceeding the 19.9 mph speed limit.

All people are capable of hate and that is not necessarily a bad thing. I have violence. I hate that people steal and cheat and hurt other people.

I think that not lowering the toilet seat is more of an issue for women in the middle of the night. When my two boys were little they wouldn't raise the seat. It really got their grandmother upset. I don't know of any men that do that.

You got me on the golf carts in the middle of a car parking space. Although I do have to say that I see people sharing a space about 90% of the time so I don't think that it's a real problem.

Do you live in the same "Villages" that I do? The one between Leesburg and Ocala in the State of Florida?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

I see the vast majority of people returning their shopping carts to the proper area.

I don't think that I've ever seen a six or seven year old driving a golf cart. Maybe a 12 year old in a quiet area with an adult closely supervising them.

I occasionally see a cat running around but I've never seen a loose dog except one that ran away and I helped the owner capture.

Every person I've ever seen waling their dogs in my neighborhood has a plastic bag on their hand.

Angry??? I've found Villagers to be the happiest, friendliest people of any community I've ever lived in.

My golf cart can go 22 mph under optimal conditions. It might on a regular basis go 20-21 unless I'm going downhill. I don't see many people passing me and my cart has the high powered motor. I'd hardly call 20-22 mph "greatly exceeding the 19.9 mph speed limit.

All people are capable of hate and that is not necessarily a bad thing. I have violence. I hate that people steal and cheat and hurt other people.

I think that not lowering the toilet seat is more of an issue for women in the middle of the night. When my two boys were little they wouldn't raise the seat. It really got their grandmother upset. I don't know of any men that do that.

You got me on the golf carts in the middle of a car parking space. Although I do have to say that I see people sharing a space about 90% of the time so I don't think that it's a real problem.

Do you live in the same "Villages" that I do? The one between Leesburg and Ocala in the State of Florida?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:

Old 02-22-2013, 04:34 AM
Sage

Quote:

Does not sound like FUN to be so negative and whiny, Right now we are about 100 K people crowded into a relatively small area. I'd say almost all of us are trying to do the right thing, and the few bad apples just might now know any better.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Does not sound like FUN to be so negative and whiny, Right now we are about 100 K people crowded into a relatively small area. I'd say almost all of us are trying to do the right thing, and the few bad apples just might now know any better.
There are bad apples everywhere. I don't see that there are more here than anywhere else. And retirement doesn't necessarily cure arrogance.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Why indeed??????
Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:

Great reply ..........

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.