A few whys ???

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I must ask why is it possible for a contractor that mows my lawn, to be able to afford that $45,000 extended cab truck and have two $10,000 mowers on a $5,000 trailer. Where did I go wrong ???.
Credit! He got all "dressed up" before he was ready to go. This happens all the time when someone first goes into business for themselves. Eventually, reality takes over.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpop1 View Post
why do men refuse to raise the toilet seat ?? you had me with you til right about here!!
i married the perfect woman..in 41 years of marraige my wife has never once made an issue of this. She feels that, if she can leave it down then i can leave it up!

thank you!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 PM

Oh, and who's in favor of unisex toilets?
That should make the toilet seat issue a biggie!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Veteran member

"Why do Villagers allow their dogs to roam free when the covenants clearly require pets to be on a leash when outside the home ??"

Why do people continue to believe this as the truth?

The covenants can only (and do) address "common property". The same is true of Marion, Lake & Sumter Co's animal control ordinances. My dog will continue to be leashless on MY PROPERTY while under my direct visual and voice command.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Sage

Mine is not to reason why, mine is but to do or die.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Why do people empty their ash trays in the grocery store parking lots ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
Nope, have never seen that, where was that?
Holy smokes.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
"Why do Villagers allow their dogs to roam free when the covenants clearly require pets to be on a leash when outside the home ??"

Why do people continue to believe this as the truth?

The covenants can only (and do) address "common property". The same is true of Marion, Lake & Sumter Co's animal control ordinances. My dog will continue to be leashless on MY PROPERTY while under my direct visual and voice command.
Is this really true?

I won't live in TV until later this year, and have 2 Schnauzers. They are very well behaved and I had hoped to be able to have them unleashed, as you say, "on my property while under my direct visual and voice command." (I will do whatever the rule says.)
Old 02-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis44 View Post
Is this really true?

I won't live in TV until later this year, and have 2 Schnauzers. They are very well behaved and I had hoped to be able to have them unleashed, as you say, "on my property while under my direct visual and voice command." (I will do whatever the rule says.)
No worries. Totally permissible.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
Why do perfectly capable people insist on having their groceries carried out to their car at Publix? Just because the service is offered is no reason to be lazy.
Why do some folks cover their mailboxes with stickers (graffiti)? It is sloppy, and I cannot believe that most people are unable to find their own mailbox each day.

I felt I had to respond to this first question. I go to Publix purposely to have my groceries taken out as I had major surgery on both my feet this summer and can not lift more than 10 lbs. for 6 more months. I no longer wear a cast or have a limp, there is no visible signs that I am nothing more than a "perfectly capable person". I feel it is wrong to judge a person by their looks only. You don't know what type of medical restrictions a person may be under. In my case, it was serious feet issues. However, it could be heart related or other issues you can not detect. Please don't judge by appearance alone. Thank you.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:33 AM
Sage

On the Publix question ... I am quite capable of taking my own groceries out, but, when asked, I always say to the staffer .... if you want/need a break to go outside, sure, let's go. Seems like 8 times out of 10 they want to do it. So, I do it for them, not for me.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I don't see any of these things in the Villages. Well, hardly ever.

I see the vast majority of people returning their shopping carts to the proper area.

I don't think that I've ever seen a six or seven year old driving a golf cart. Maybe a 12 year old in a quiet area with an adult closely supervising them.

I occasionally see a cat running around but I've never seen a loose dog except one that ran away and I helped the owner capture.

Every person I've ever seen waling their dogs in my neighborhood has a plastic bag on their hand.

Angry??? I've found Villagers to be the happiest, friendliest people of any community I've ever lived in.

My golf cart can go 22 mph under optimal conditions. It might on a regular basis go 20-21 unless I'm going downhill. I don't see many people passing me and my cart has the high powered motor. I'd hardly call 20-22 mph "greatly exceeding the 19.9 mph speed limit.

All people are capable of hate and that is not necessarily a bad thing. I have violence. I hate that people steal and cheat and hurt other people.

I think that not lowering the toilet seat is more of an issue for women in the middle of the night. When my two boys were little they wouldn't raise the seat. It really got their grandmother upset. I don't know of any men that do that.

You got me on the golf carts in the middle of a car parking space. Although I do have to say that I see people sharing a space about 90% of the time so I don't think that it's a real problem.

Do you live in the same "Villages" that I do? The one between Leesburg and Ocala in the State of Florida?
I agree

I do sometimes see some of these activities but I see them outside TV too, so you might as well ask why are people, people?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
On the Publix question ... I am quite capable of taking my own groceries out, but, when asked, I always say to the staffer .... if you want/need a break to go outside, sure, let's go. Seems like 8 times out of 10 they want to do it. So, I do it for them, not for me.
Me too.

Villages07...since the first post I read from you over six years ago until now I have found NOTHING I ever disagreed with you on and every post was helpful and added so much to this forum.

You are the sagest of all villagers. Yes you are. When are we playing golf again? It's been too long.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpierleo View Post
I felt I had to respond to this first question. I go to Publix purposely to have my groceries taken out as I had major surgery on both my feet this summer and can not lift more than 10 lbs. for 6 more months. I no longer wear a cast or have a limp, there is no visible signs that I am nothing more than a "perfectly capable person". I feel it is wrong to judge a person by their looks only. You don't know what type of medical restrictions a person may be under. In my case, it was serious feet issues. However, it could be heart related or other issues you can not detect. Please don't judge by appearance alone. Thank you.
Not only that... Publix is a higher-end grocery store and offers this service as part of its customer service. They employ people to bag and and deliver to your car, which is why there are smaller, well-disguised cart return areas. They ask people if they want this service. It's a perk of shopping at Publix and paying slightly higher prices than at, say, Walmart.

Our son was a ****** and carter at a higher-end grocery store in MI in high school--D&W. It made for a nice after-school job for him.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Not only that... Publix is a higher-end grocery store and offers this service as part of its customer service. They employ people to bag and and deliver to your car, which is why there are smaller, well-disguised cart return areas. They ask people if they want this service. It's a perk of shopping at Publix and paying slightly higher prices than at, say, Walmart.

Our son was a ****** and carter at a higher-end grocery store in MI in high school--D&W. It made for a nice after-school job for him.
Why did this word get eliminated? He was a person who put groceries in bags and carried them out to customers' cars. For Pete's sake!

And that should be perq up there, not perk, I believe--short for perquisite. My bad.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Sage

****** is a 6 letter word!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.