The final answer on haciendas at mission hills building

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills
Default The final answer on haciendas at mission hills building

Had my walk through today with builder. First they built half of the villas here in Mission Hills. Then they moved the cement forms to build villas in St Charles I think it is, not sure. Now cement forms are back and half of what is left at Haciendas will be built. Then forms will go elsewhere and then come back to finish. No sinkholes. No problems. No sales issues. Case closed. As it is poured block villas, they have to share out the forms. Now back to the bugs....g
Old 03-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Default Good information!

Glad that your questions were answered.
I knew that there was a good explanation.
I drive by that way several times a week and the villas look beautiful!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
Had my walk through today with builder. First they built half of the villas here in Mission Hills. Then they moved the cement forms to build villas in St Charles I think it is, not sure. Now cement forms are back and half of what is left at Haciendas will be built. Then forms will go elsewhere and then come back to finish. No sinkholes. No problems. No sales issues. Case closed. As it is poured block villas, they have to share out the forms. Now back to the bugs....g
Good for you!!! So much for the naysayers.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Sage

Has anyone noticed the sudden stop in building on these sites?? Rather interesting that one sink hole has already been reported there.. What's one to expect for homes built on what was once marsh land that has been filled to the brink!! Let's see - close to the road, backed up by marsh land and really close to golf cart path and overly priced... Interested buyers should check out the Appraiser's office and check out the soil type on which these expensive villas are built!!! Yes, they're attractive, but would you be wise to buy on that alone. Better check out this neighborhood before you buy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jane, thanks for setting the record straight.

The above is a post that I copied from another thread stating that a sink hole had been reported at Mission Hills. It's a mystery to me, and a little scary, how this type of misinformation gets reported as fact.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Gold member

I read the post previously about the sink hole. I suspect that person heard it from someone else. That's why I like the facts. I did my Masters coursework in criminology. Always investigate!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:14 PM

I've looked at every single site in Mission Hills and not one single sign of any sinkhole, or a sinkhole that has been filled. Jane is right - case closed - only an erroneous rumor. Happy to live in Mission Hills!!!!!
The Villages
Old 03-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Gold member

I am happy to live here too. Met lots of neighbors at pool today. Wonderful people. Peaceful area. Great sunrise and sunsets. Love it!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Platinum member

Jane, I'm looking into a CYV in your area. Does the lake (wetlands) seem to have created any problems with mosquito's?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Gold member

Well GerryAnn, I can tell you that I was out for a visit to my place at the WORST of the height of the blind mosqiotos (if you look this up under search you will probably find my desperate plea for help!). I had never dealt with these before. They are the tiniest little nothing bugs that live by day and die by night and are in swarms. They had come on mass into my garage one night when I drove in with my cart. I was freaked. And they were dead everywhere around the house when I had arrived from Seattle and had no idea what they were. OMG. Anyway, I did research and with the help of my friends on TOTV I discovered more about them, harmless, messy, and short term. This year was worse because of the weather. However, they were in Cane Garden outside at the restaurant too and other places not by the marsh. Then I discovered the real culprit aside from the marsh is keeping lights on at night so I killed the outside light and had no more problems in the front of the house. But they are attracted on mass to light. My neighbor had them but other neighbors not so bothered. I do not know of any other bug probems as I have not moved in full time yet, hopefully soon. I do not think there are any other issues. I do know an alligator was in the neighborhood but more inland of the neighborhood, not on the water side. You can PM me with questions if you want but I LOVE and I mean LOVE Mission Hills haciendas. The views are gorgeous (there are four view homes left and more to be built further down). There is one with a HUGE yard if you have dogs two down from me. And then three more just after that. I think it is worth the view and the ambience and next year I am prepared to cope ith the blind mosquitos. But boy, I was in shock from them!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Platinum member

Jane, I sent you a PM, but it doesn't seem to be going through properly. Let me know here if you get it....If not, I'll post It here.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Barefoot, misinformation on the internet, now there's a shocker....gn
Old 04-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Platinum member

I sent it again and it appears to have gone through.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
THIS IS A QUOTE FROM ANOTHER THREAD BY AN UNMAMED POSTER .... anyone noticed the sudden stop in building on these sites?? Rather interesting that one sink hole has already been reported there.. What's one to expect for homes built on what was once marsh land that has been filled to the brink!! Let's see - close to the road, backed up by marsh land and really close to golf cart path and overly priced... Interested buyers should check out the Appraiser's office and check out the soil type on which these expensive villas are built!!! Yes, they're attractive, but would you be wise to buy on that alone. Better check out this neighborhood before you buy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jane, thanks for setting the record straight.

The above is a post that I copied from another thread stating that a sink hole had been reported at Mission Hills. It's a mystery to me, and a little scary, how this type of misinformation gets reported as fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut;48***1
Barefoot, misinformation on the internet, now there's a shocker....gn
I agree GN, there is so much misinformation on the Internet. But still I'm always baffled when a member of TOTV, our community, posts a negative rumor as a fact!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.