FINALLY, Parking Enforcement

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Book ' em Danno:: Gracie, if you are not more careful with your quotes, I would think you may be as old as I am. I have seen you in person and know that cannot be possible.
She learned that phrase watching re-runs, not the original shows.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My goodness. I didn't know that was happening. No wonder they are taking steps.

I didn't understand it either, gomoho.

I say, Book 'em Danno!!
Guess you don't go to Lake Sumter Square and look around.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
Guess you don't go to Lake Sumter Square and look around.
I'm not sure if that is the case or if things of that nature don't bother me. I'm a little more concerned about the upcoming sequestration. But everyone has different priorities.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Eternal Member

I was at Lake Miona on Tuesday and there was a big event happening in one of the rooms along with other activities in other rooms. The parking lot was crowded but not full my any stretch. I noticed 4 or 5 cars and a couple of carts parked in the driving lane opposite the main entrance back by the walking path. The area is not marked for parking and is actually part of the right of way.

Interesting thing is that if the people parking there had just driven over by the pool area there was plenty of space and the walking distance would have been about the same or even less.

VG
Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Speaking of walking distance.....wouldn't it be a lot healthier for everyone if we parked just a little farther away and get a walking workout in the course of our travels?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadaboutgal View Post
This begs an answer to "how do they plan to enforce this?" Do they plan on having carts and vehicles towed? By whom and to where-do they plan to start The Villages Towing Business? More money in the developer's coffers?
Guess you don't like the "developer", right?
Old 02-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Sage

Multiple towing services for both cars and carts are already in place.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 PM

Ok, one problem with the parking situation is they don't have enough handicap parking spots for the number of parking places in any of the squares. There is a formula that is on the website for the disabilities act and they are in violation in all the squares. Maybe the people that are parked illegally have a disability and can't walk that far. I know it keeps me from going to a lot of events in the square as I have M.D. and very limited on how far I can walk. When I get the chance I will bring my concerns to the appropriate counties and try to get some solutions. One other thing they could do is have the vendors in load their wares and then open up the parking around the squares on vendor nights. Maybe more people would come.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Sage

Public streets abut the squares. They are parks, not businesses. There are handicap spots at the rear of the businesses. I'll bet they are 100% in compliance with ADA.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Sage

" One other thing they could do is have the vendors in load their wares and then open up the parking around the squares on vendor nights. Maybe more people would come."

Maybe more people would come? The squares are FULL most market nights. If you add a popular group like Rocky and the Rollers along with market night, you will have to get there by 4 or so in order to find a chair - or get there earlier and save a couple of chairs.

Last edited by buggyone; 02-22-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Guess you don't like the "developer", right?
I actually do not dislike the Developer. We love living in the community that they built. I just wonder sometimes about who owns what and how that affects their bottom line.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:46 AM

The parking spots in the rear of the businesses are not in compliance with the ADA as they have to be within 100 feet of an entrance. And I wasn't talking about back there I was talking around the squares. Only two around Sumter landing square. They hold public entertainment and must abide by the ADA laws. When they hold madi gras (sp) etc. they block off all the handicap parking.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow1 View Post
Ok, one problem with the parking situation is they don't have enough handicap parking spots for the number of parking places in any of the squares. There is a formula that is on the website for the disabilities act and they are in violation in all the squares. Maybe the people that are parked illegally have a disability and can't walk that far. I know it keeps me from going to a lot of events in the square as I have M.D. and very limited on how far I can walk. When I get the chance I will bring my concerns to the appropriate counties and try to get some solutions. One other thing they could do is have the vendors in load their wares and then open up the parking around the squares on vendor nights. Maybe more people would come.
I would bet that more than 50 % of Villagers could ask for and get a handicapped sticker. Problem is that most that have one don't need it and those that need it choose to walk the extra few steps. I could have one for two different medical reasons, but elect to pass on that so I can complain about the ones that park WITH A STICKER and get out of their carts and cars and jog to the door.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:10 AM

Well aren't you one of the lucky ones.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.