First lifestyle visit

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Default First lifestyle visit

My first lifestyle visit is scheduled for the end of May. They say I have 4 rounds of golf coming to me. Do I need to bring my clubs or do they have rental clubs?
Also, what specifically should I do and see on this first trip to TV?
Old 01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Gold member
Default pro shops

at country clubs have clubs to rent, and the rental sets I have seen are nice ones. Someone will know for sure, but you likely have 2 rounds at country clubs and 2 rounds at an executive course. If you don't bring your own, you'll need to rent and pick them up at a country club course nearest your executive course, or on your way, and return them there after, before the pro shop closes. Not sure if you can return them 1st thing next morning or not. Also, you would need to call ahead and reserve them, if they do that. There is not an unlimited # of clubs available, I don't think.

You might also find some golf shops just outside the Villages that might rent them for the duration of your visit. Maybe someone can help out here also.

Time they close might vary depending on the time of year. I think they close around the time of the last tee time (the pro shop is where you check in and pay).

Look at golfthevillages.com and call Cane Garden, Arnold Palmer or Mallory Hill - they are the closest country clubs to the Lifestyle preview rentals (Creekside) - unless they open a new one before you get there, although I haven't heard any rumors yet about that - probably that won't change until Brownwood has opened.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Sage

As far as what to see or do, whew! That's a long list. If you can search this website for posts on lifestyle visits, you'll get a lot of suggestions.

But a simple list would be:

Take a trolley tour.

If you have a rental car and/or cart, just drive around the different neighborhoods to see villas, cottages, designers and premier areas, but make sure you have the latest Villages map. If one is not provided, you can buy one at the sales office when you check in. It can get confusing without one.

Visit the town squares at night, especially during vendor nights, to hear the music and see the sights.

Check out the rec centers and see the facilities there.

Talk to residents when you meet them anywhere. We love to talk about this place, both good and bad (but mostly good!!). Despite a few curmudgeons, we are a friendly community.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
As far as what to see or do, whew! That's a long list. If you can search this website for posts on lifestyle visits, you'll get a lot of suggestions.

Take a trolley tour.

If you have a rental car and/or cart, just drive around the different neighborhoods to see villas, cottages, designers and premier areas, but make sure you have the latest Villages map. If one is not provided, you can buy one at the sales office when you check in. It can get confusing without one.

Visit the town squares at night, especially during vendor nights, to hear the music and see the sights.

Talk to residents when you meet them anywhere. We love to talk about this place, both good and bad (but mostly good!!). Despite a few curmudgeons, we are a friendly community.
with mikeod. Also, if you like to visit open houses, there are open houses (both new and resale homes) held every day in The Villages, not just on Saturday and Sunday as you may be used to at home. The open houses are listed every day in The Daily Sun. Don't be shy about talkling to residents - I have learned a lot about TV from talking to residents, and keep reading TOTV -- it is a gold mine of info about buying, moving and living in TV.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Platinum member

Most people have a backup set of clubs and I'm sure if you run into anyone they could lend you theirs. If not when in town contact me. I have an extra set and I'll play a round with you.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Most people have a backup set of clubs and I'm sure if you run into anyone they could lend you theirs. If not when in town contact me. I have an extra set and I'll play a round with you.
Unless things have changed, you will find it difficult to schedule a round with someone doing a lifestyle visit. There are certain tee times reserved for the visitors and I don't believe you can schedule them together, unless of course, the visitor is paying for their round as a regular guest.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
Unless things have changed, you will find it difficult to schedule a round with someone doing a lifestyle visit. There are certain tee times reserved for the visitors and I don't believe you can schedule them together, unless of course, the visitor is paying for their round as a regular guest.
You learn something everyday.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post

Take a trolley tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
with mikeod. Also, if you like to visit open houses, there are open houses (both new and resale homes) held every day in The Villages, not just on Saturday and Sunday as you may be used to at home. The open houses are listed every day in The Daily Sun. Don't be shy about talkling to residents - I have learned a lot about TV from talking to residents, and keep reading TOTV -- it is a gold mine of info about buying, moving and living in TV.
with both these posters advice. Try to local pool where you are staying, another source to meet people.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-18-2012, 01:53 PM

Does anyone know of an on-line list of open houses?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.