First Look at Proposed areas south of Monarch Grove

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2021, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,158 Times in 2,782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Don’t forget that golf is becoming a decidedly less popular recreational activity. Virtually all current statistics indicate a pretty dramatic decline in the popularity of the game. So the Developer may be ahead of the game by making relatively minor adjustments to the golf course-to-house ratio in favor of other types of Rec facilities.
Pre-Covid that trend was evident among the general population, but not so in the Villages demographic.

However, the golf industry had an outstanding year during 2020 because of Covid. Since golf is one of the few activities that can be safely enjoyed during a pandemic, 2020 was a revival year for the golf industry. Time will tell if the younger people who flooded the golf courses across the country will continue playing the sport when Covid finally gets under control? The same can be said for other activities that flourished because of Covid, such as bike riding, hiking, camping, kayaking, swimming, etc.... For the sake of the health of future generations, here is hoping the trend continues?
Old 01-18-2021, 09:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,074 Times in 538 Posts

[QUOTE=Goldwingnut;1888947]Hmmm...
Let's think about this for just a minute. The Developer's principal business is building retirement communities. >

I used to think that, but now it appears more like the developer's business is building cities, while destroying everything in his wake.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:12 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,398 Times in 1,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida17 View Post
Ask about blasting.

There is no blasting over there.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,115 Posts
Default Smart post but your wasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Don’t forget that golf is becoming a decidedly less popular recreational activity. Virtually all current statistics indicate a pretty dramatic decline in the popularity of the game. So the Developer may be ahead of the game by making relatively minor adjustments to the golf course-to-house ratio in favor of other types of Rec facilities.
your time here, what you say is true and there have been many National articles about this , but the Morse family haters are not interested in facts, compared to other homes I’ve had in villagers,I run into many more people who don’t play out here in new section including me
Old 01-18-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida17 View Post
Ask about blasting.
For the 50th time, myself and my neighbors who live in and around Mclure, Linden, Monarch Grove have never heard a blast. I keep hearing this from people who live north of 44. 8 months now never have heard a blasting noise.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

/////

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 01-18-2021 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
For the 50th time, myself and my neighbors who live in and around Mclure, Linden, Monarch Grove have never heard a blast. I keep hearing this from people who live north of 44. 8 months now never have heard a blasting noise.
Yes, the naysayers are probably realtors trying to discourage buying new homes down here in the new villages and hoping to get more business up in the old villages. The blasting that does occur every 6 weeks or so is done pretty far west 0f 501 along 470 near 301 and Sumterville. You can't hear it, you might feel a rumble similar to a truck running over a pot hole in front of your house, it last for only 1 or 2 seconds and does no damage, most people don't even feel it.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,683 Times in 952 Posts

[QUOTE=airstreamingypsy;1889221]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Hmmm...
Let's think about this for just a minute. The Developer's principal business is building retirement communities. >

I used to think that, but now it appears more like the developer's business is building cities, while destroying everything in his wake.

Why oh why do some people want to spend their precious time on hate. Every single one of us living in TV can, at any time, re-locate to a community more to our liking.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post

“Destroying everything”? Need to splain Lucy.........
Old 01-18-2021, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
My favorite was the guy who claimed you could hear the freight trains over by 301 AND the noise from the Turnpike.

Even if I went outside and turned my hearings aids up to max that wouldn't be possible.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:20 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Yes, the naysayers are probably realtors trying to discourage buying new homes down here in the new villages and hoping to get more business up in the old villages. The blasting that does occur every 6 weeks or so is done pretty far west 0f 501 along 470 near 301 and Sumterville. You can't hear it, you might feel a rumble similar to a truck running over a pot hole in front of your house, it last for only 1 or 2 seconds and does no damage, most people don't even feel it.
But like fracking does the blasting send seismic shockwaves through the soil encouraging sinkhole formation and cracking of structures in the future. Only time will tell.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
My favorite was the guy who claimed you could hear the freight trains over by 301 AND the noise from the Turnpike.

Even if I went outside and turned my hearings aids up to max that wouldn't be possible.
I live in lake Deaton, not only do I hear the trains by 301 and 44 at night but I hear the “fracking” or whatever it’s called.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,115 Posts

I’m still waiting for the guy to explain what’s been destroyed out here I haven’t seen any destruction and I know destruction when I see it having called up a lot of air strikes lol
Old 01-18-2021, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
But like fracking does the blasting send seismic shockwaves through the soil encouraging sinkhole formation and cracking of structures in the future. Only time will tell.
They have been blasting over there for decades and the only sink holes in The Villages are in the northern villages. The only ones south of 44 were small and from ill installed drain pipes.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
I live in lake Deaton, not only do I hear the trains by 301 and 44 at night but I hear the “fracking” or whatever it’s called.
That's because you are north of 44, we don't hear it down here. And by the way, the blasting, when it occurs, does not make noise, at least it doesn't down here.
Closed Thread

Tags
south, monarch, grove, trail, sr92

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.