First Responders Rec center (FRRC)

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2022, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,965 Times in 2,472 Posts
Default First Responders Rec center (FRRC)

The new FRRC is very nice. They done really good job IMO. Money well spend in the far north of villages IMO.
Old 07-28-2022, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
The new FRRC is very nice. They done really good job IMO. Money well spend in the far north of villages IMO.
I had the apparently false assumption that first responders could use the facilities there.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:04 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarz View Post
I had the apparently false assumption that first responders could use the facilities there.
Anyone, with a Villages ID, can use the facilities of any Rec Center in The Villages.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-28-2022, 07:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

I like that there is a gate controlling the car entrance. Don't like that it has a red button on it. Hopefully the gate won't automatically go up and somebody will answer when the button is pressed. Are they asking for Resident ID's or guest passes at the Putt and Play ?
Old 07-28-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
I like that there is a gate controlling the car entrance. Don't like that it has a red button on it. Hopefully the gate won't automatically go up and somebody will answer when the button is pressed. Are they asking for Resident ID's or guest passes at the Putt and Play ?
Why do you think this Rec Center would be any different than all of the rest of the other Villages Rec Centers???? This is just the same as all the others in the newer areas with amenities like Putt & Play, etc. And you don't have to be a military veteran to enter and use the facilities at the Eisenhower Rec Center, so No you don't have to be a First Responder to enter and use the facilities at this Rec Center.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,403 Posts

Sometimes ya just wonder……………………..
Old 07-28-2022, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Was totally impressed with how many activities are available on the grounds.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
"Are they asking for Resident ID's or guest passes at the Putt and Play ?"

Doesn't seem like it. There were a bunch of putters and a bowl of balls on the counter in (what appeared to be) the starter shack but no attendant. People just took a putter, a ball, played their round, and put the putter and ball back when they were done.

Of course that may have only been for yesterday.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Better to have all that memorabilia there to be shared, viewed, and appreciated than locked up in tubs in your basement or decorating an "I love me" room in your house.

This way, when you pass away, your wife doesn't have to figure out how to properly and securely dispose of batons, saps, handcuffs, uniforms, and I.D.s so they aren't used improperly in the future as weapons or to gain access to secure facilities. PERSEC and OPSEC.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 07-28-2022, 09:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Why do you think this Rec Center would be any different than all of the rest of the other Villages Rec Centers???? This is just the same as all the others in the newer areas with amenities like Putt & Play, etc. And you don't have to be a military veteran to enter and use the facilities at the Eisenhower Rec Center, so No you don't have to be a First Responder to enter and use the facilities at this Rec Center.
Why do you think this Rec Center would be any different than all of the rest of the other Villages Rec Centers???? How many Rec Centers have a gate at the entrance? One that I know of. I never said anything about only First Responders being allowed to use the Rec Center. I said residents and those with guest passes. There is what looks like a starters shack there and hopefully they will be carding people. Do you always make things up ? By the way, you must produce a resident ID or guest pass to get putters and balls at Ezell for Clifton Cove.

Last edited by Bilyclub; 07-28-2022 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-28-2022, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,418 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote:
Does the gate require a card/button on the way into the Rec Center or on the way out of the Rec Center and into the neighborhood?

I haven't been there yet, but it could be a way to keep someone, for whatever reason, from cutting through the Rec Center parking lot and entering a neighborhood without first going through a gate with a camera.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 07-28-2022, 10:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Does the gate require a card/button on the way into the Rec Center or on the way out of the Rec Center and into the neighborhood?

I haven't been there yet, but it could be a way to keep someone, for whatever reason, from cutting through the Rec Center parking lot and entering a neighborhood without first going through a gate with a camera.
It's on the roadway in from 42. The gates were left in the up position yesterday. The card reader is inbound to the parking lot. I thought the road from the neighborhood was carts only.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:35 AM
Gold member

I think maybe they should look into adding some lights on the Putt & Play. Most of the time it is so hot you can't go out during the summer to play such a nice putting course. Maybe just add a few light poles to light up the course so you can play at night when its cooler. The course looks great!
Old 07-29-2022, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,123 Times in 2,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
I think maybe they should look into adding some lights on the Putt & Play. Most of the time it is so hot you can't go out during the summer to play such a nice putting course. Maybe just add a few light poles to light up the course so you can play at night when its cooler. The course looks great!
I asked the head of the recreation department about doing just that at the sports pools so that amenity fee paying residents could swim laps after dark. The response was a laundry list of excuses about why that won’t happen. It’s a shame, valuable amenities that could easily be utilized more by residents by extending use after dark, especially once the clocks are turned back and the daylight hours get very short. Oh well?
Old 07-29-2022, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,965 Times in 2,472 Posts

If I remember correctly only 3 pools open till 10 PM . Paradise, Chula Vista, and I think it not sure south side?
Closed Thread

Tags
frrc, imo, job, villages, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.