First time buyer - golf cart

Old 05-16-2024, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baustgen View Post
The place in Webster will save you thousands.
Country Villages Power Equipment is THE BEST PLACE TO BUY a golf cart. Great price, Great Service!!!
Old 05-16-2024, 06:01 AM

JB golf carts Ocala
Old 05-16-2024, 06:03 AM

country village power equipment - Google Search
Old 05-16-2024, 06:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melpetezrinski View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I'm at fault for spreading misinformation at not going through the effort to confirm.
There was a lot of scuttlebut when they got bought out last year by new ownership. Glad they are still there, the more dealers the better!
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 05-16-2024, 06:19 AM
Default China golf carts

99% of golf carts are made in China. There are plenty on Google for sale at incredible prices, Ali has a buyer guarantee and most have free shipping. (It’s shipped pre assembled.) some are awesome!!

Dachi Forge H4+2 Seaters Electric Car Golf Cart Golf Buggy - China Golf Cart and Electric Vehicle price
Old 05-16-2024, 06:43 AM
Default Cart world

I recommend club car from cart world in lady lake florida
Old 05-16-2024, 06:45 AM
Default Cart and Clubs in Ocala

Quote:
Carts and Clubs is no longer in business.
They are still in business. We just bought a used golf cart there for a great price.
Old 05-16-2024, 07:21 AM
Veteran member

Some people will spend more time on something to save a $1. Shop around to get the best price. My gas golf cart has 11,000 miles on it and it’s less than 3 years old. The villages golf cart dealer put a few big budget items that I had issues with under warranty so I paid nothing, not sure all dealers would have done that, maybe everyone would have. I’ve been happy with the service and the costs in relation to the number of miles we put on the cart.
I also have 24 hour cart service which was included the 1st year by the dealer and I’ve paid for it since, never had to use them and I hope never will.
Old 05-16-2024, 07:26 AM

I got mine from craigslist when I moved here eight years ago. 2012 Yamaha YRDE. Still have it.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:09 AM
Default Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURLYSANDY View Post
Hello all - this will be our 1st time buying a gas golf cart, so I guess need advice from the Retailer. Am I correct in assuming that we will get a better deal going outside TV? If so any recommendations please for a trustworthy dealer who would see us "Greenhorns" coming a mile off.... Thanks
Gas cart from clubs and carts in ocala
Old 05-16-2024, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Hello all - this will be our 1st time buying a gas golf cart, so I guess need advice from the Retailer. Am I correct in assuming that we will get a better deal going outside TV? If so any recommendations please for a trustworthy dealer who would see us "Greenhorns" coming a mile off.... Thanks
WARNING - do not buy in TV and especially the Sumter location - they are way more expensive and when bringing in for service they will be trying to up sell and replace parts that do not need replacement- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - I know because it has happened to me to the tune of over $1,000!
Old 05-16-2024, 09:09 AM

We shopped both in TV, nearby stores and used private sales. We didn't like any of them and were not in a hurry. We ended up buying from an estate, were told it had little use because the owners became sick, passed away a year later, and it took some time to settle the estate. That appears to be true.

The cart has features we did not even know about like downspouts draining rain water under the cart instead of over the side. I see now many golf carts do but some don't.

I get satisfaction doing my own maintenance & know many don't. I will soon update an ongoing thread on golf carts. I’m adding installing a runtime meter for better guidance when to do maintenance, such as oil changes. You can click my username to find my posts.

Old 05-16-2024, 09:19 AM

Quote:
There is a nice 2017 Yamaha Quiet Tech that was just listed on this site. It has low miles/low hours, and appears to be very clean. It is a metallic brown color, with high-back seats and looks to be one to check out.

If you want a new cart, go to Country Power in Webster (as you will see from the many postings on this site). They will deliver your cart and service it at your house. One responder to your question said that the prices are the same all over. This is not correct. You are likely to save $3K or so for making the short drive to Webster. Make sure to buy, and use, seat belts. Also Country Power makes its own canvas enclosures and uses the "easy on/off" attachments instead of ordinary "snaps". Wherever you buy your cart, make sure the enclosure does not use old-fashioned "snaps" as they are a royal pain in the a . . to both install and take off. Also, over time, they are more likely to cause a tear in the fabric. Enjoy your cart--it's one of the pleasures of living in The Villages. You can sell your second car the moment your cart arrives at your house. When you drive it to a town square and see 100+ carts parked in all the spaces, it will put a smile on your face. Put a decal of your favorite football, baseball, or college on the front end (just so long as it isn't Ohio State or Michigan)
Old 05-16-2024, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. I'm at fault for spreading misinformation at not going through the effort to confirm.
Applause and plaudits for the apology and act of responsibility. In today's world, I'm impressed by it. Congratulations.
Old 05-16-2024, 11:59 AM

Quote:
We went outside of the Villages. We worked with Jamie Grisales +1 (352) 572-8926. He was great to work with. Let him know I sent you.
Marty Croissant

Tags
time, cart, golf, recommendations, trustworthy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.