Flood Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2010, 09:04 AM

I would love to know how many people do or dont carry Flood coverage .

anyone know where I could find those statistics?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Veteran member

Sinkhole coverage is an optional coverage added by endorsement per Florida Law to homeowner's policy.

Last edited by GatorFan; 09-24-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: include additional info
Old 09-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Platinum member
Default My Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
the criteria for a flood plain designation is more than water over 301!!!one should know what a flood is before insuring against it! flood insurance is expensive and not all encompassing.
Oops, sorry. I meant CR101 not 301. Like I said, I got it because we got some high water in 2004 here in Summerhill and that was before all the building up the hill from us. You're right in that it is not all encompassing, but I feel that what it does makes it worth the cost. Some of the areas, not here but still in FL, experienced flooding a couple of years ago where there had never been any and they were not rated likely to flood so lots of people got caught really holding the bag. Sometimes, I guess we just buy peace of mind and that's all.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 09-24-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
the criteria for a flood plain designation is more than water over 301!!!one should know what a flood is before insuring against it! flood insurance is expensive and not all encompassing.
It really wasn't that expensive $355./yr and your right -- it covers very specific things -- but we felt it was worth it probably more so since we have never lived in Florida. Sinkhole coverage was part of our regular policy.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.