Florida sales taxes

Old 01-29-2024, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmartin View Post
I have a similar question regarding renting a home. We’ve been coming here for 20 years, renting 5 different houses. Only one charged 7% tax. What’s with that?
Tax must be paid for rentals less than six months.
From a floridarevenue site:
What is Exempt?
Rental charges or room rates paid by a person who entered into a bona fide written lease for continuous residence for a period longer than six months are exempt.
I don't know what the rules might be for including tax in the listed rental price.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-29-2024, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Tax must be paid for rentals less than six months.
From a floridarevenue site:
What is Exempt?
Rental charges or room rates paid by a person who entered into a bona fide written lease for continuous residence for a period longer than six months are exempt.
I don't know what the rules might be for including tax in the listed rental price.
If it is a 6 month or less rental, tax is due and must be paid by the landlord to the state. If it is not paid, the state will come after him. If he is not charging you the tax explicitly, then he is probably just burying in the rate he is charging you. Charge you 10% more and pay the state 7%.

Tags
tax, work, florida, included, price

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.