Flu Shots at Publix

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2017, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,141 Times in 4,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I hope you and asianthree never get it, fraugoofy. I never got the shot either, until I got the flu in 1996. I don't remember ever being that sick before in my life. It was three weeks before I could stand up for very long, much less get out of bed. Mostly moving from bed to couch. I never took a vitamin either. After that I started taking Super Nutrition Women's Calcium Blend and began getting a flu shot. I haven't had even a cold since, much less the flu. ( Knock on wood.)
That's great news and a lesson for all. I do hope you realize that your 21 year run of avoiding the flu is 99.9999% from the shot and 0.0001% from "Super Nutrition Women's Calcium Blend ", and that's being generous.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,258 Times in 428 Posts

I used to catch the flu like every other year. The last time I got the flu and it was really bad. Bedridden for 3 days except for frequent trips to the bathroom. At one point vomiting and diarrhea at the same time. That is when I decided that next year I would get a flu shot. From then on I got a flu shot every year and have not got the flu ever since. That was well over 30 years ago. The flu shot works people!
Old 08-26-2017, 09:47 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I used to catch the flu like every other year. The last time I got the flu and it was really bad. Bedridden for 3 days except for frequent trips to the bathroom. At one point vomiting and diarrhea at the same time. That is when I decided that next year I would get a flu shot. From then on I got a flu shot every year and have not got the flu ever since. That was well over 30 years ago. The flu shot works people!
The "stomach flu" and influenza are two entirely different things. What is commonly called "stomach flu" is gastroenteritis which is an inflammation of the intestinal lining causing the vomiting and diarrhea.

Influenza is a respiratory illness that is similar to (and can lead to) pneumonia. A person does not have the intestinal issues with influenza.

The flu shot is for influenza and not for gastroenteritis.

Hopefully, Dr. Eagle will back me up. I am not a doctor - just played one on television.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Influenza is a respiratory illness that is similar to (and can lead to) pneumonia. A person does not have the intestinal issues with influenza.
The CDC lists vomiting and diarrhea as flu symptoms, though not common ones in adults.

Flu Symptoms & Complications | Seasonal Influenza (Flu) | CDC

I know in the past I have had the common flu symptoms like sore . throat, general aches, stuffy nose along with diarrhea/vomiting in the past. Not fun... that was before I "got religion" and got a flu shot every year.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That's great news and a lesson for all. I do hope you realize that your 21 year run of avoiding the flu is 99.9999% from the shot and 0.0001% from "Super Nutrition Women's Calcium Blend ", and that's being generous.
I threw the last part in gratuitously (read that Off Topic) because I haven't had a cold since starting that vitamin/calcium supplement in 1996. I figured the flu shot was not covering me for colds.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:00 AM

You sound wait unti November.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclrxman View Post
You sound wait unti November.
Why?
Old 08-27-2017, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,561 Times in 1,932 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Why?
There is a double blind study posted in The New England Journal of Medicine that shows that most colds are caused by the statement beginning;

I haven't had a cold since (fill in the blanks)...........................
Old 08-27-2017, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There is a double blind study posted in The New England Journal of Medicine that shows that most colds are caused by the statement beginning;

I haven't had a cold since (fill in the blanks)...........................
Which is why I knocked on the few pieces of real wood we have in the house when posting that!

Tags
publix, flu, shots, gezerettes, dose

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.