Ford F-350 - Can not park at home in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2020, 08:58 PM
Default Ford F-350 - Can not park at home in The Villages

There is a Ford F-350 truck being advertised on this site. The F-350 is a "1 ton" vehicle. If you are a "Villager" and interested in the truck please note that most of the "Covenants & Restrictons" in The Villages prohibits one from keeping a "1 ton" vehicle at their home. It is a beautiful truck and is being offered at a good price. (I have owned 2 before and my wife is still whines about me selling the last one. In fact she would not object if I bought this one.) I recommend that if you buy it you remove the F-350 badges before you take it home and that you replace them with F-250 badges. The trucks are the same vehicle except that the F-350 has one additional leaf spring and F-250's are specifically allowed since they are only a 3/4 ton vehicle. If you buy it as a F-350, all it would take is one anonymous complaint from a neighborhood busybody and your day would be ruined to learn that you are not allowed to keep it at your home. God bless...and stay healthy!
Old 04-17-2020, 09:25 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

You can keep it in the garage if it fits but not outside just like a boat, if it fit's in your garage you can have it but again not on your driveway.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:13 PM
Default Ford F-350

True...you got me. I can't remember if it is short bed or long bed. However, the short bed model is 20 1/2 feet long, almost 7' tall and pretty darn wide. Good luck moving it in and out of your garage unless it is the only vehicle you have.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagone View Post
True...you got me. I can't remember if it is short bed or long bed. However, the short bed model is 20 1/2 feet long, almost 7' tall and pretty darn wide. Good luck moving it in and out of your garage unless it is the only vehicle you have.
I kept a Ford transit van in my garage along with a Buick Enclave, it only cleared the door by about 1/8" and most designer homes have garages deeper than 21 feet. It's not a problem unless you live in a villa.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:25 PM
Default F-350

Wow....you guys are sharpshooters. My note was only meant to be a friendly notice that there are limitations in The Villages concerning 1 ton vehicles. Many Villagers are unaware of the pertinent rules.
Old 04-18-2020, 05:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Wow....you guys are sharpshooters. My note was only meant to be a friendly notice that there are limitations in The Villages concerning 1 ton vehicles. Many Villagers are unaware of the pertinent rules.
Very nice of you to point this out. I can't believe that anyone would turn in a neighbor unless the truck had advertisement on it. Technically you are correct and now the neighborhood busybodies will be taking pictures of the model of trucks.

I think it would be great to have a Very Nice Neighbor to help move something once in a while as a favor. I miss my old pick my old pick up because I got sick and tired of being that nice guy. I had a hard time saying no.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
But you failed to mention that the can own a one ton as long as they keep it in the garage and not in their driveway. All facts should be noted, good or bad.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Who gives a dog poop..Case of nothing to do but watch the next guy
Old 04-18-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
There is a Ford F-350 truck being advertised on this site. The F-350 is a "1 ton" vehicle. If you are a "Villager" and interested in the truck please note that most of the "Covenants & Restrictons" in The Villages prohibits one from keeping a "1 ton" vehicle at their home. It is a beautiful truck and is being offered at a good price. (I have owned 2 before and my wife is still whines about me selling the last one. In fact she would not object if I bought this one.) I recommend that if you buy it you remove the F-350 badges before you take it home and that you replace them with F-250 badges. The trucks are the same vehicle except that the F-350 has one additional leaf spring and F-250's are specifically allowed since they are only a 3/4 ton vehicle. If you buy it as a F-350, all it would take is one anonymous complaint from a neighborhood busybody and your day would be ruined to learn that you are not allowed to keep it at your home. God bless...and stay healthy!
Interesting post. Reminds me of my fishing boat up north. Many of the lakes and ponds have a 10 HP limit on fishing boats. I bought a used boat that came with a 15 HP 2 stroke outboard. The cover over the engine has very real looking graphics on it that says it’s a 9.9 HP Mercury. In many years of fishing I have never been questioned.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Who gives a dog poop..Case of nothing to do but watch the next guy
A person that might want to buy a one ton might give a dog poop, I think it was good that the OP noted the regulation but should have noted that they can own one as long as they put it in the garage. If this helps one person, no harm no foul Nothing else to do is correct.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I need a bigger garage
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-Ford-F-350-2.jpg
Views:	6485
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	83748  
Old 04-18-2020, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default Busybody??

Quote:
how about community standards, we all knew the rules and so many people want to change them
Old 04-18-2020, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,180 Times in 835 Posts

Is the OP who ends his message with God bless, actually suggesting the way to handle the truck size covenant is the new owner should remove the 350 and replace it with one that falsely bears witness as to the model of the truck thus deceives the neighbors who have agreed on the size limitation? Does your God bless that action?

“Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.” It's one of the biggies.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Interesting post. Reminds me of my fishing boat up north. Many of the lakes and ponds have a 10 HP limit on fishing boats. I bought a used boat that came with a 15 HP 2 stroke outboard. The cover over the engine has very real looking graphics on it that says it’s a 9.9 HP Mercury. In many years of fishing I have never been questioned.
Retrospect you had no problem breaking the rules
and admit to it
For your own pleasure with no regards as to others
Motor limit restriction are about safety and shoreline protection
Old 04-18-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

i know someone here who had his garage expanded a bit to accommodate their pick-up. depending on where you live, you may be able to do so.
Closed Thread

Tags
f-350, vehicle, home, truck, ton

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.