Foul mouthed cyclist

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2017, 08:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

I remember a day in my hometown when a group of about twenty cyclists decided to go right thru a stop sign...barely slowing down. I had to stop for them. Little did I realize there was a cop car that had to stop behind me.

When i proceeded he turned on his lights and sirens and pulled them all over.

When i returned from the store he was still busy writing tickets.

Warmed my heart.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
It hooray for me- look at these cyclists-- the most self centered in the Villages--I know I'm about to get trashed but they really push the envelope , especially in a senior citizen community and a community with lots of people trying to learn the lay of the land
We rarely agree with each other, but this is one time I'll give you a . Unfortunately, someone on a bike is going to get badly injured or worst, killed by a inattentive driver (or one with a "medical issue") one of there days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
The sad reality is that you can say "hooray for me- look at these car drivers, delivery truck drivers, golf cart drivers, etc". Bad driving isn't only isolated to just people trying to stay fit.
There are a lot safer ways to get/stay fit; I've seen some people on bikes that should have been on a bike about 50 lbs. earlier.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:10 PM

watch this one time when you think cyclists are equal. If there is a stop sign, say in front of the fore house from Eisenhower... ever see ONE CYCLIST stop? See, they follow the rules they want. Heck, I have insurance, I may have said f it and ran into his back. I trust you the payment I make with karma itself comes back, but the karma they get will be a kinder bike rider.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon82 View Post
What exactly is the rule regarding riding a bike in The Villages? Are they required to stay on the multi-modal paths or can they get on the main roads? I sometimes see large groups of cyclists on Buena Vista or some other similar road, so are there exceptions for that size a group that doesn't apply to individual cyclists?
Cyclists are allowed on roads and paths. The exception to the rules of stop signs and basic traffic laws, is cars and carts stop, cyclists choose their own rules.

Sorry I ride, but not in a group. My dare devil times are over, and yep I know when I stop for a sign it does not effect my HR, it called interval exercise and I get to live another day.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
watch this one time when you think cyclists are equal. If there is a stop sign, say in front of the fore house from Eisenhower... ever see ONE CYCLIST stop? See, they follow the rules they want. Heck, I have insurance, I may have said f it and ran into his back. I trust you the payment I make with karma itself comes back, but the karma they get will be a kinder bike rider.
As someone who walks the MMP from Hillsborough to Brownwood, I can assure you that cyclists are not the only ones to blow through the stop sign you are referring to. Not to mention the lazy cart drivers who cross Buena Vista to get to Eisenhower.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
As someone who walks the MMP from Hillsborough to Brownwood, I can assure you that cyclists are not the only ones to blow through the stop sign you are referring to. Not to mention the lazy cart drivers who cross Buena Vista to get to Eisenhower.
I agree. We were driving down Buena Vista yesterday, the flow of traffic is about 40 mph, and there is one of those street legal golf carts puttering along at about 25 mph, holding up traffic, basically causing a safety issue. Everyone is changing lanes trying to go around the guy, so all the cars are weaving in and out of the lane, because this self centered individual can't get himself to use the recreational trail. The point is, don't blame all the cyclists, there are self centered golf cart drivers and car drivers as well, who do unsafe things.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I agree. We were driving down Buena Vista yesterday, the flow of traffic is about 40 mph, and there is one of those street legal golf carts puttering along at about 25 mph, holding up traffic, basically causing a safety issue. Everyone is changing lanes trying to go around the guy, so all the cars are weaving in and out of the lane, because this self centered individual can't get himself to use the recreational trail. The point is, don't blame all the cyclists, there are self centered golf cart drivers and car drivers as well, who do unsafe things.
Yeah, but I bet you won't find the drivers of carts/cars wearing full body spandex.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:46 AM
Sage

The roads are a shared resource. That means cars, street legal golf carts, and bikes are all using the roads, including the 35 mph speed limit roads such as Buena Vista. If there is a slower moving car, street legal golf cart, or bike in front of you, it is up to you to pass them when it is safe and legal to do so. Nobody is being "self centered". They are using a resource that they are paying for. The fact that they aren't going as fast as you want them to go is something you just have to deal with and no amount of whining or complaining is going to change that.

Quote:

Last edited by biker1; 02-24-2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Yeah, but I bet you won't find the drivers of carts/cars wearing full body spandex.
Nor would want to see most cart drivers wearing spandex.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
The roads are a shared resource. That means cars, street legal golf carts, and bikes are all using the roads, including the 35 mph speed limit roads such as Buena Vista. If there is a slower moving car, street legal golf cart, or bike in front of you, it is up to you to pass them when it is safe and legal to do so. Nobody is being "self centered". They are using a resource that they are paying for. The fact that they aren't going as fast as you want them to go is something you just have to deal with and no amount of whining or complaining is going to change that.
I actually agree with biker. The rules are the rules. If the powers that be didn't intend it as a shared resource, they could make the speed limit 40 with a minimum speed of 26. Personally, I have less problem with bikers than with street legal carts. It seems bikers are more aware of the safety issues when riding on the roads. Street legal cart drivers seem to feel more entitled, they've paid to have a cart that goes a whole 5 mph faster, and now they want to cram their presence down everyone else's throat. They seem to make more stupid moves than bikers, disobey the same traffic laws, and create an even bigger safety hazard---all to save 3 or 4 minutes. If I had to choose, I'd take the bikers any day. Full disclosure----I haven't been on bicycle since 1974.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:01 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Well, Mickey, Buena Vista is a 35 mph roadway - not 40. The street legal cart IS allowed on a 35 mph roadway and the cart is restricted to 25 mph by law. The cart was doing the legal thing while the cars going 40 were in the wrong.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:56 AM
Sage

Yes the cart is legally right, but driving a vehicle 10 mph under the posted speed limit is not a smart thing to do, you are actually obstructing traffic & creating a hazard

In Fl you can't be ticketed for going 5 mph over the posted speed limit
Old 02-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
In Fl you can't be ticketed for going 5 mph over the posted speed limit
Really?...where did you read that?
Old 02-24-2017, 04:15 PM
Sage

Its Fl LAW- the most you can get is a WARNING !!!!
Old 02-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Its Fl LAW- the most you can get is a WARNING !!!!
Not if you do it in a school zone. Fifty buck fine for 1-5 over.

Tags
cyclist, cart, husbands, traffic, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.