Fraud warning for gas card

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2022, 06:17 AM

BS. Debit Cards have a PIN which is more secure than a credit card. Banks will also protect you on fraudulent debit card purchases.
I just wouldn't link my life savings to a debit card, maybe just a modest checking account.
Old 08-01-2022, 06:21 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,290 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest737 View Post
Another reason to drive an EV.
What are you gonna do with the battery when it dies, can’t recycle it and what about the cobalt how do you feel about that. Stop pushing EV they are far worse
Old 08-01-2022, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,865 Times in 5,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
BS. Debit Cards have a PIN which is more secure than a credit card. Banks will also protect you on fraudulent debit card purchases.
I just wouldn't link my life savings to a debit card, maybe just a modest checking account.
Not exactly. Debit cards have a PIN, but you don't need to use it when making a purchase. You just select "credit" on the key pad and the PIN is not required. But, when you use a debit card, even when you select "credit", you do not get access to the credit card transaction dispute process that is mandated by Federal law. Under the Federal law, you have 60 days from the statement date to dispute a credit card charge, and the bank must immediately remove the charge and independently investigate your dispute. Yes, most banks do have a process to correct fraudulent debit card charges but it is not mandated by Federal law. So, you must depend on the bank's process for resolving disputes, and you may not be able to appeal their decision to the Federal Government, like you can with a credit card dispute.
Closed Thread

Tags
card, marathon, gas, station, fraud

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.