Free television stations available in your TV home.

Old 03-10-2024, 07:19 AM
Default Free television stations available in your TV home. Now Includs list of 70 channels

Some in TV are able to use attic antennas. I required an outdoor antenna. Federal law forbids the ARC from forbidding or even requiring prior approval of outdoor television antennas.

UPDATE
The list of over 70 reliable, FREE Olando and nearby television channels I receive in TV are now available in post #26.
Free INTERACTIVE news using an antenna. Post #36.
END OF UPDATE

Last edited by MikeVillages; 04-25-2024 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Update
Old 03-10-2024, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVillages View Post
Current List of free NextGen ATSC 3.0 television stations I watch in my TV home without cable or streaming. You can search my posts of over 70 stations I also get with an older but not yet shutdown standard.

Any questions?

PS
Some in TV are able to use attic antennas. I required an outdoor antenna. Federal law forbids the ARB from forbidding or even requiring prior approval of outdoor television antennas.
Yes. What area are you located in? The Villages is large and what works at one end of the Villages might not work at the other.

And a comment: The ARC cannot require prior approval but certain restrictions on placement are allowed. The safest bet would be to contact Community Standards for more information.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-10-2024, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Yes. What area are you located in? The Villages is large and what works at one end of the Villages might not work at the other.

And a comment: The ARC cannot require prior approval but certain restrictions on placement are allowed. The safest bet would be to contact Community Standards for more information.
I live on the north end of TV on the border between Marion & Sumter counties about 63 miles from the Orlando transmitters.

Yes, you can check with the ARC if you like but the FCC has the requirements. Hopefully someone will post the link to the fcc requirements.

Basically it must be over your area of control which is common sense. Below a high above the peak of the roof, I think up to 12 over the roof is ok otherwise IMO, get a professional installer. It should be properly grounded.
Old 03-10-2024, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,158 Times in 2,252 Posts

Has anyone used the TABLO device with an outdoor antenna, is it a good as it sounds?
Second question, it uses WiFi, so it that to get additional streaming services, or to get the signal to other television sets, or both?

I tried an outdoor antenna a few years ago with intermittent results, some days I would get 60+ channels, other days I was lucky yo get less than 10 channels. If I can get some end user experience with the Tablo device, I may try experimenting with that and the outdoor antenna again.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Has anyone used the TABLO device with an outdoor antenna, is it a good as it sounds?
Second question, it uses WiFi, so it that to get additional streaming services, or to get the signal to other television sets, or both?

I tried an outdoor antenna a few years ago with intermittent results, some days I would get 60+ channels, other days I was lucky yo get less than 10 channels. If I can get some end user experience with the Tablo device, I may try experimenting with that and the outdoor antenna again.
We are TABLO users. Used it in McClure with attic antenna and using it now near Brownwood with an attic antenna. We have an older 4 tuner unit which allows us to use several TVs concurrently over our wifi.
We can get about 60 stations, but half are Spanish, religous or otherwise not of interest to us. We do get many subchannels like Grit TV or METV in addition to the network channels.
It, being OTA TV, is subject to atmospheric conditions and it can be aggravating when a channel drops out or is not strong enough to come through. Also, it is slow to select a channel.
We are happy with it, and you would likely have good success with an outdoor antenna.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post

I tried an outdoor antenna a few years ago with intermittent results, some days I would get 60+ channels, other days I was lucky yo get less than 10 channels.

What antenna did you used?
Old 03-11-2024, 02:35 PM

We live in Lake Denham and we get about 60 channels with an attic antenna w/amplifier. I used the Televes 148883 Antenna Ellipse Mix Repack Ready! Channels 7-36, High-VHF/UHF, LTE/5G Filter from amazon and it was an easy set up and good results. I did have to aim it a little further north than I expected based on the towers location. I think I ended up at 110degrees.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Someday will dump Comcast, so aggravating in so so many ways. Problem, we are hooked on Golf channel and History, and and and........ Me thinks, there is a great opportunity for a business to help seniors make the right decision for their TV needs. My wish list.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Someday will dump Comcast, so aggravating in so so many ways. Problem, we are hooked on Golf channel and History, and and and........ Me thinks, there is a great opportunity for a business to help seniors make the right decision for their TV needs. My wish list.
We get golf channel and I think also history channel, with our YouTubeTV subscription. We have Xfinity internet, and a roku device on the TV. Our Xfinity internet is $50/month - I just renewed it for another year at that price an hour ago. It's 300mbps, with 1.2T data (you pay for anything above that if you go over in a month's time). Fast enough for two devices streaming, two phones, a printer, a desktop computer, a laptop, and a tablet all running at the same time on the thing.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
We live in Lake Denham and we get about 60 channels with an attic antenna w/amplifier. I used the Televes 148883 Antenna Ellipse Mix Repack Ready! Channels 7-36, High-VHF/UHF, LTE/5G Filter from amazon and it was an easy set up and good results. I did have to aim it a little further north than I expected based on the towers location. I think I ended up at 110degrees.
I like Televes antennas, they redesigned their antennas when the FCC soldoff the higher US television frequencies to the cell companies. The redesign allowed the antenna to be the same size but higher gain for the remaining frequencies.

I ended up getting the Channel Master CM4228HD. It has great reviews like yours. Part of my research was to ring doorbells of VT homes that had antennas. I was new to VT at the time & didn't know the reaction would be. They were all friendly and most invited me & my wife in.

Anyway, I did not find anyone with a Televes antenna but the ones with the Channels Master were all very happy.
Old 03-11-2024, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,158 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
What antenna did you used?
dB4e, which should work, but after talking to another village who lives about a mile away, I may have tried to wrong location for my initial testing.
Old 03-11-2024, 09:35 PM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Current List of free NextGen ATSC 3.0 television stations I watch in my TV home without cable or streaming. You can search my posts of over 70 stations I also get with an older but not yet shutdown standard.

Any questions?

PS
Some in TV are able to use attic antennas. I required an outdoor antenna. Federal law forbids the ARB from forbidding or even requiring prior approval of outdoor television antennas.
Just what we need; a bunch of ugly TV antennas on roofs and elsewhere. What a bunch of cheapskates that can afford to retire here, pay amenity fees & all while enjoying the good life but are so stingy that they would go to the trouble & expense of putting up an antenna just so they could get "free" TV. It's amazing that anyone watches any TV with commercials in this day & age.
The Villages Florida
Old 03-12-2024, 03:48 AM

With an antenna, you pay once and it's free for the rest of your life, hopefully a very long time.
Old 03-12-2024, 05:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
With an antenna, you pay once and it's free for the rest of your life, hopefully a very long time.
Well it's $ free, but you pay with your time watching the commercials, but then Amazon prime , a service you pay for now has commercials as well , that doesn't bother me as much as search engines like Amazon and Walmart that wave all manor of products in your face that have little or perhaps no relationship to what you put in the search box , but of course your search results are tailored to what they know about you, your profile and they make significant sales with impulse buying
Old 03-12-2024, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbomaybe View Post
Well it's $ free, but you pay with your time watching the commercials, but then Amazon prime , a service you pay for now has commercials as well , that doesn't bother me as much as search engines like Amazon and Walmart that wave all manor of products in your face that have little or perhaps no relationship to what you put in the search box , but of course your search results are tailored to what they know about you, your profile and they make significant sales with impulse buying
Agree, paying for streaming is paying to be spied on, and many are adding commercials. This is America and everyone should be free to do what is legal despite different opinions.

Last edited by MikeVillages; 03-12-2024 at 07:52 AM.

Tags
stations, television, free, outdoor, antennas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.