The French Baker Is Back!

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2023, 09:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts
Default The French Baker Is Back!

The long wait is over. The French Baker will return to Brownwood Farmers Market this coming Saturday, 5/13!!
After losing their property to Eminent Domain, searching for a new place, going thru hurricane Ian, dealing with delays from Duke Energy and the government bureaucracy,
they are finally powered up and ready to go.

Those who are not familiar with them, this is a true Old World Master Baker. Many varieties of breads, scones, cookies, biscotti, etc. All natural with no preservatives .

Glad they are back!
Old 05-09-2023, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Are they the ones who sell cannoli and bialys?
Old 05-09-2023, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
The long wait is over. The French Baker will return to Brownwood Farmers Market this coming Saturday, 5/13!!
After losing their property to Eminent Domain, searching for a new place, going thru hurricane Ian, dealing with delays from Duke Energy and the government bureaucracy,

Those who are not familiar with them, this is a true Old World Master Baker. Many varieties of breads, scones, cookies, biscotti, etc. All natural with no preservatives .

Glad they are back!
Wondering where they went! Thanks!
Old 05-10-2023, 03:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Are they the ones who sell cannoli and bialys?
No. This is the couple with pink large tent next to Blue fin. Where the line of customers snakes around a couple times. Very popular.
Old 05-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post

Glad they are back!
Thank you thank you ! Have been checking their FB page, no updates, but did follow as far as the finding of the old church in Eustis on Grove street, but couldn't find out if they were even open there in Eustis ? What GREAT news ! Been trying to make do with bread from grocery store bakery departments, but not even close. Hope they bring enough with them on the 13th, the usual line around the whole block will probably be two times what it usually was.... sadly it's almost time for them to leave for the summer, I need to make room in the freezer to get us through. A tuna salad sandwich was just a sandwich until I first had it on their kalamata olive bread, and chicken salad has not been the same since I've not been able to get their cranberry walnut bread !
Old 05-10-2023, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Thank you thank you ! Have been checking their FB page, no updates, but did follow as far as the finding of the old church in Eustis on Grove street, but couldn't find out if they were even open there in Eustis ? What GREAT news ! Been trying to make do with bread from grocery store bakery departments, but not even close. Hope they bring enough with them on the 13th, the usual line around the whole block will probably be two times what it usually was.... sadly it's almost time for them to leave for the summer, I need to make room in the freezer to get us through. A tuna salad sandwich was just a sandwich until I first had it on their kalamata olive bread, and chicken salad has not been the same since I've not been able to get their cranberry walnut bread !
They will take orders. When I knew they were leaving I would order their whole wheat to last me.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:12 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
They will take orders. When I knew they were leaving I would order their whole wheat to last me.
YES, that's what we always did, but Covid just changed everything, and on line their phone and address was still Grand Island, so maybe this Sat. they will have new cards so we can call with our orders. Do you know if they are maybe going to stay in Florida this summer since they are just trying to get settled again ?
Old 05-11-2023, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
YES, that's what we always did, but Covid just changed everything, and on line their phone and address was still Grand Island, so maybe this Sat. they will have new cards so we can call with our orders. Do you know if they are maybe going to stay in Florida this summer since they are just trying to get settled again ?
My understanding is that they return to France for the summer to visit his Mother, if this is true then I doubt they will stay here through the summer.Ask them on Saturday.
Closed Thread

Tags
baker, back, french, powered, ready

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.