Electric cart maintenance

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Veteran member
Default Electric cart maintenance

I am looking for a reliable place to get my electric cart serviced. We have had it a year and it has been driven about 8 months. I am noticing a funny scrapping sound when I am slowly coasting and it goes away when I press the accelerator. Do the electric carts need regular adjustments or something that I need to know about in order to keep it running smoothly? Thanks for any info.

LW888
Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Sage

LW...if you have a club car brand, I can send you the info for an excellent, trustworthy service guy.

I've had your symptoms before... May be the brake shoes dragging or accumulated dust in the brake area.

On level ground with the brake off you should be able to effortlessly push and move the cart. If you have to exert a lot of force, the brakes might be dragging.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:18 PM

Electric carts do require annual maintenance and inspection. I will admit your's seems a little early but as Villages07 stated it could be something like a brake shoe or other minor repair.

I personally use All About Carts, LLC. The owner is Karl and his phone number is 352-409-2702. He works extensively throughout TV and will give you an honest diagnosis.

My recommendation would be to spend more time in TV so your cart gets lots of use. Anyone with dogs as cute as yours should be a permanent resident.

Good luck.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Sage

PM me. I do the work on mine, so I do not have direct experience with anyone, but I know a person highly recommended by many golf cart enthusiests......
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.