Frogs in the toilet?

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Sage
Default Re: Frogs in the toilet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanci2539
I am freaking out reading these posts! Does having cats help! I have a hard time with a normal size bug.
Nanci, bugs don't eat cats, but gators love 'em. Hope they are indoor cats or that you're getting a Courtyard Villa.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

There indoor cats Barefoot. They come out with me on the weekend when I garden. For the most part, they stay around the back or visit one of my neighbor's patios! We don't have fences where I live so it's pretty much open. My neighbors know my cats and will call out if one of them is lounging around. I have to say, they are very good about being out for a short time and come immediately when I call them.

No way will I let them out in TV. Especially my calico; she has her own agenda and nosey. She sticks her head in places she shouldn't. She chased a rabbit twice her size - she's only 7lbs!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

I have heard of a snake in the toliet. I am haveing trouble with earwigs, they are about 1" long, brown, and have pinchers on the rear. My husband sprays the out side of the house about once a month, do we have to pay for pest control?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Sage

llaren....thanks for giving me the proper name of the insect. Just looked up Earwigs and that is what we've been experiencing. Called in Massey the other day (I have them under contract) and they put in a couple of bug traps behind the toilets and sprayed a fine layer of muriatic acid around baseboards.

Massey said they are not coming in from sewers/drains, but, instead finding their way in through the foundation/outside.

Earwigs like moist areas; Google/wikipedia also said something about putting out a bowl with vegetable oil in it (that attracts them)...guess they dive in and can't "slither" out.

Good luck.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:18 PM

Today I discovered a tree frog in our toilet and it survived the flush!
I slammed the lid down, closed the door and texted - yes texted, my husband who upon his return from work tonight saved the frog (after it jumped out of its porcelain pond) and tossed it over our villa wall.

It was not comforting to discover that 2 years ago he posted in this same thread how the frogs would get in to the toilet etc...... We will be figuring out a way to screen the vent on the roof (LOL)
Zug, Switzerland
Usingen, Germany
Woodstock, GA
Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

OH NO. Long time ago Handee posted stuff on here about critters in the john and I thought he was just pulling all of our legs.

Now TH says he has them and it has been substantiated by others. I wonder if a screen would help...I mean partially anyway. I mean you could use the toilet with the screen........I mean.....

I think I will say goodnight...

Gracie
Old 05-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Veteran member

Yes - "nature is red in tooth and claw" even in your toilet.
My daughter found a large rat in her upstairs toilet in Brooklyn last year. She was so freaked out that she wouldn't use that toilet for a month.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:31 AM

Hello all, The frogs are coming from the vents that come out through your roof. The way to stop the intruders is to put a very course screen over the vents. Home Depot has what is called hardware cloth. It is a coarse screen that can be cut and shaped to cover these vents. The screene can be held in place with a twisted wire or a large worm gear clamp. I have installed many in our community in West Palm ( we are still wannabies) LB
Old 05-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Yes, that's right. Frogs in the toilet. Last night was the third time that we have found a frog in our toilet bowl. Two times, they were small tree frogs, however once it was a full sized bull frog. This most recent one managed to jump out of the bowl, and I have a merry chase around the bathroom at 4:30 a.m., but I won.

Is this a Florida thing? Is it a Villages thing. I assume they are swimming up the sewer line to get in there. Please tell me we are not alone in this.
Are your grandchildren visiting?

Yoda
Old 05-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Are your grandchildren visiting?

Yoda
Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 PM

My brother bought a preowned home in tv. On our first walk thru, I found a frog in the toilet bowl. We didn't know what to think of it and haven't seen one since. Maybe it would be wise to put a screen over the plumbing vent pipe.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.