Front patio allowed?

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default Front patio allowed?

I notice a cottage home that had a front patio but just an outdoor one.
Would you be allowed (with permission) to build a lanai that was roofed and screened on the front. Maybe like an entry courtyard. When hubby was considering a job in Southern California the houses we looked at were on small lots also and in one development every other one had the lanai on the front. Some of the houses are on not very busy streets and one would have more privacy in the front than the back.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
Would you be allowed (with permission) to build a lanai that was roofed and screened on the front. Maybe like an entry courtyard. When hubby was considering a job in Southern California the houses we looked at were on small lots also and in one development every other one had the lanai on the front. Some of the houses are on not very busy streets and one would have more privacy in the front than the back.
Call Community Standards for the real answer.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Call Community Standards for the real answer.

Definitely, go straight to the ones who set the standards instead of relying on opinions or speculations.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

I don't own here yet so community standards probably wouldn't want to talk to me would they?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:33 AM

I'm sure they would be happy to answer your questions as you are a potential customer.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Sage

We have several neighbors who have done this...BUT went through the proper channels to get it done. Not sure about screen them in however if the size is increased. Know of one house, for sure, that extended their livingroom out, as well.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:37 PM

I asked about screening in the front porch, Yes it can be done but you need to go through the proper channels
Old 02-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Default Patio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
We have a screened in area in front of our entry way. The screen has to be under the roof of the house. We have seen a few houses like this and decided we like it So it would depend upon the style of house you choose. But one has to know if the rules may have been changed. We had ours approved. We also took off the screens on our front windows because they created crazy pattern when looking outside. Makes a nice seating area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.