Fun at Crispers!

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Gold member
Default Meeting at Crispers

It was great to meet ya'll and to put faces to the names. It was also rewarding to share my good news about adopting Little Bear. When I got home, I was greeted as the long lost conquering hero -
As so many of you said today, TOTV is a wonderful resource for all those questions we have about TV. I was a "lurker" for about 6 months prior to persuading hubby to enjoy a Lifestyle visit. Wouldnt you know, after arranging a "meet n greet" with fellow actors - all through contacts on TOTV, by the end of our second day, we were looking at houses, then lots. We returned to VA being the proud owners of a dirt pile, and our choice of homes to be constructed. OMG, what a scramble then ensued. All that clearning out (talk about Sally Army donations) yard sales, give-aways, and packing, packing, packing. We adore living here, but now have to start all over again with putting our home in VA back on the market. Our would be buyers, backed out. ..... There is always a reason, and we are resigned to the task.
Anywho, look forward to meeting all my TOTV pals again next time. Sandra
Old 05-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Platinum member
Default Crispers

A great meeting today at Crispers. Everyone introduced themselves and it was nice to see people in person. When I was introduced I heard no boo's which is a good sign. I met Gracie and her daughter Helen for the first time. Sorry "Sweetie" couldn't make it.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Platinum member
Wink Fun at Crispers!

What a nice " meet and greet" we had at Crispers today!
It was so nice to see some "oldies" but especially nice to meet the many "newbies" and share enthusiasm! Thanks KathieI for being a "hostess with the mostest"!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Gold member

Great! I surely wanted to be there. Maybe in June. Did anyone take any pictures or should I look on the news at 6 o'clock?
Any good fights? Any poop for Bill-N? How many people? How long did it last? Details, man, details.
In reality, they're different!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Default Great time at Crispers!

I 2nd that!! It's nice to put faces with user names. Looking forward to next month and hope to see some of you around the squares or other activities.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Dancing Thyme

Wasn't it fun... I had a blast. We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends here on TOTV. Most people talk about getting great information from this forum,,, I, myself, just love the people...

To those who did come, thank you, and to those who are still not in this wonderful place yet, I hope you can get here soon.

It was so interesting to hear everyone talk about their backgrounds and how they arrived here.

The turn out was fantastic,,, I think Nancy counted about 35 people... Thanks to all for your being there.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Gold member

Those of us out of town need details, lots of details...........and pictures!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Sage

It was great. Thanks, Kathie
Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Gold member

Kathie, your new picture is nice! I think it was your presence that drew the big crowd!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJohn View Post
Kathie, your new picture is nice!
I second that....

Looking forward to participating in the Crispers events when we settle in late 2012.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Great! I surely wanted to be there. Maybe in June. Did anyone take any pictures or should I look on the news at 6 o'clock?
Any good fights? Any poop for Bill-N? How many people? How long did it last? Details, man, details.
Capt,,, there might be a few pictures, they were taken by Villages07 and she may post them.

We had about 35 people, many newbies and a few oldies... No fights,, lol... sorry Bill, maybe when you get here, we'll start a brawl, hahahaha.

We started at 3pm and just about everyone left around 4:30. We sat outside and had a very small sprinkling of rain for about 3 seconds. Everyone stood up and introduced themselves and gave some history about where they came from and how long they've been here. Quite interesting and lots of fun. We'll look forward to seeing you in June....

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 05-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Kathie, your new picture is nice! I think it was your presence that drew the big crowd!
Hey Capt,,, you're so sweet... thank you, but I think I look too fat... I need to lose some more weight. LOL...

Old 05-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Sage

We would have attended had we known anything about it.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
We would have attended had we known anything about it.
I'm sorry Shimpy... maybe I should go back to posting reminders about a week before so everyone can see its coming up. Been too busy lately keeping up with my village activities and am being very bad. So sorry, I'll post it for next month and EXPECT to see ya there....

Old 05-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Location: Rockville, MD and Sawgrass Villas, Village of St. James

Hi All,

It was so great to meet everyone today at Crispers! I enjoyed hearing each person's story of how they came to land in The Villages. Thanks for the useful information you provide.

Dick and Roz
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.