Furnishing a totally empty Courtyard Villa the easy way

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2007, 07:36 AM
Banned
Default Re: Furnishing a totally empty Courtyard Villa the easy way

Used to have a boss with a sign behind his desk that said "There is no such thing as a fully-fun ded problem!" Still haven't figured how to get to the "fully-funded" stage.

The moving van comes in two weeks to load up what we plan to send - this time! Next year this time the final load (if any) will come down. What we don't end up sending goes to whatever charity picks up.

We're lucky in that we had the time to come down, measure and eye-ball completely, and then decide what's making the trip to TV. My spouse's best friend is an interior decorator in the Orlando area (we lived there for 25 years before moving to DC 3 years ago) and she has helped - not only with ideas but being there to coordinate a few things.

Let's face it - the process is an adventure, and I haven't had one yet that didn't cost a little more than I estimated. Five years from now, while at Lake Sumter landing with a marguarita and dancing to some GOOD music, all of this hassle won't even be remembered.....and not due to old age!

Old 09-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Sage

If anyone ends up with an extra van full of furniture that they can't use, please direct them to our empty Villa on Leicester Terrace!! ;D We can't bring anything over the border from Canada, so will arrive empty handed .. well, with our two four-legged friends and an inflatable bed, that's it!! We will be the ones selling pencils to raise money for furniture .. we'll be at LSL on flea market night!!

Golfnut, that is my fantasy, to pick up a roomful of Southern Lifestyle furniture for a song (I am still singing Candida from the post "Song Titles with Women's Names"!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Barefoot.

We leave Colorado on Sept. 20th OH MY GAWD - THAT'S NEXT WEEK :yikes: :yikes:!!!!!!!
and close on Sept 26th. Our furniture will arrive on the 27th, the guy from the stereo place and the dish (direct TV) guy will be there on the 28th to hook everything up!

We looked at several places for golf carts (there are hundreds of places) and even saw some for sale at that Marian Market. Ran into a guy who said he got a reconditioned one and he is so happy with it. Gave my husband the name and we'll check it out when we come down. I really wanted a new one for myself but looked at the prices and just can't afford that. My husband said he doesn't care what he drives as long as it gets him to and from and on the course.

Just checked on the map and we are a fur piece from each other but we can get together - YOU BETCHA!

I think LSL is right between both of us!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:24 PM

When we closed on our house in Jan 2003, we rented it out for 18 months. We closed on 1/20/03 and had it rented for 3 months starting 2/1/03. So being the anal retentive person that I am, I ordered all the furniture online from Furniture Barn. They are much cheaper than Southern Lifestyle which has a 70% markup. Call and talk to Jeff the owner. He's ask what you want and then he'll email pictures to you. And then he arranged for the delivery on the same day we closed. Couldn't have gone smoother.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Eternal Member

I have a Courtyard Villa furnished mostly with consignment furniture (particularly Bargains and Treasures). I love it. Takes a while to keep checking their two stores to see what they have because of the rapid turnover.
Another suggestion is the Furniture for Sale classified column in The Villages Daily Sun which you can access on the internet.
I am very pleased with what I have found - more furniture, and in keeping with my taste - than I would have found in a general furniture store.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Sage

I had to check out that Furniture Barn Website.

Here's the link: http://www.furniturebarnfl.com/index.html
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Sage

I have learned so much from this post, amazing. ;D I LOVE TOTV.
Thanks to Gingersmom for mentioning Furniture Barn and Jeff's name. Thanks Chuckinca for the website for Furniture Barn, I will check it out later tonight. I may go the Bargains and Treasures/consignment route, but I'm getting way too old for that much stress. Immediate gratification is what I cherish!! SteveinNY also sent me great, great info on Southern Lifestyles who will completely furnish a house prior to your arrival (if you want the stress free approach). They are FedEx'ing me a package with all the information.

Darbyduff, you leave Colorado Sept 20 -- what a huge change for you!! Please let us know what you decide on golf carts: electric versus gas. Apparently you are going with Dish/Direct TV .. can that be bundled with phone and internet or are they all different vendors? DD, I think we're both ten minutes from LSL .. you are south and I'm west (but then I'm also directionally challenged). FOR SURE we'll get together when I arrive, look forward to it. :bigthumbsup:

Old 09-14-2007, 08:26 PM

We have a sofa, love seat, and two recliners and a dining room set with table, 4 chairs and buffet for sale. All nearly new. An easy way to furnish a home.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.