Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post
Does it really matter?

I stand by my post
Just wondering, if you are a resident how you got around all those concerns.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
when we go to the nightly entertainment, Brownwood and Lake Sumpter Landing, they always have a announcement that they make once or twice a night that says the entertainment is being subsidized by Sumter County.

So as of now they are not self selficient, which is only reasonable being new and not totally completed, but why would Morse(the villages management) required the financial support of the County to continue the nightly entertainment ??.

I enjoy the entertainment and wonder what will happen at build out.....I would really miss it.
The support from the county as explained by the county administrator is because residents of the county benefit from the entertainment. Plus people come from outside the county which in the long run benefits all residents.
That is how the county has choosen to spend some of their tourist budget.
Could it stop, I suppose it could.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post
Coolkayaker1,
You are not alone in your concerns. Depending on your age the concept of "long term" is relavent. I'm in my early 50's and 30 years sounds right to me, But a lot on this board are working on (as I have seen others call it)the 15 year plan.
And from the vibe of this board most don't care about the after buildout. It won't be their problem. So search homes/areas with your heart but purchase with your head.
Me Too..........Early 50's wondering. When you are young like us and a resident, it's good to think about the future..............when the future could be 30 to 40 years.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
The bonds for TV, undoubtedly, have gone up precipitously from first developments to current Brownwood--much much faster than CPI.

As I understand it bonds are not an ongoing recurring thing. The bond everyone speaks of is attached to the lot and reflect the cost of the initial construction of the public works infrastructure. The amount of the initial bonds differ by unit (area of TV) because the cost of building these infrastructures have changed over time. You have the option of paying off the bond at purchase and as the interest rate is well over prevailing a lot of people do so. It is just an artificial way of making the houses look cheaper it is a marketing trick of sorts for the real cost of a house take the price and add the bond. If you are speaking of some other bond please enlighten me, as I am unaware of it.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
As I understand it bonds are not an ongoing recurring thing. The bond everyone speaks of is attached to the lot and reflect the cost of the initial construction of the public works infrastructure. The amount of the initial bonds differ by unit (area of TV) because the cost of building these infrastructures have changed over time. You have the option of paying off the bond at purchase and as the interest rate is well over prevailing a lot of people do so. It is just an artificial way of making the houses look cheaper it is a marketing trick of sorts for the real cost of a house take the price and add the bond. If you are speaking of some other bond please enlighten me, as I am unaware of it.

Yep Yep Yep..................I always looked at the bond amount as additional cost of the lot. The bond structure is used to spread the infrastructure costs PLUS one billion dollars for the developer.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Yep Yep Yep..................I always looked at the bond amount as additional cost of the lot. The bond structure is used to spread the infrastructure costs PLUS one billion dollars for the developer.
I guess the developer is in it to make money...............you had a choice.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Platinum member

once again, I'm aghast at some of the replies to this poster's thoughtful question. He was looking for information so he could make an informed decision....because he likes The Villages. There is no need to tell him to stay in Massachusetts or consider someplace else.
I never understand some people's need to attack the person.....
Old 02-09-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
once again, I'm aghast at some of the replies to this poster's thoughtful question. He was looking for information so he could make an informed decision....because he likes The Villages. There is no need to tell him to stay in Massachusetts or consider someplace else.
I never understand some people's need to attack the person.....
The op was just asking a question, I live in the villages and had the same concerns... and still do.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Gold member

PARALYSIS THRUOGH ANALYSIS....Stopped by the Sales Center today... Board shows 61 clisings in the last 3 days...My home, purchased 7 years ago is now 20% higher in value! meaning I have essentially been snowbirding for 7 years, essentially for free, while enjoying the tax benefits and home appreciation. Been through a past build out in SC before coming here...transition was as smooth as can be. Keep analyzing and I will continue enjoying this great place called THE VILLAGES! BTW, the NPR linked article...ckearly a hit piece on Gary Morse from the otrageously left wing NPR.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPGuar View Post
The op was just asking a question, I live in the villages and had the same concerns... and still do.
Agree I have lived here 7 1/2 years and still have questions and concerns so go with your instincts.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I have lived here 7 1/2 years and I still have questions and concerns go with your instincts
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.