Garage door opener

Old 03-20-2024, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTom View Post
Lowes installed ours 350 no issues it's also WiFi
Interesting. The Chamberlin Q DC drive unit with door sensors, wall controllers inside and outside and 2 remotes cost $300.00 average. Are you saying they only charged $50.00 in labor to install?
Old 03-20-2024, 08:32 AM
Default Reprogram

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Here's an interesting problem---and a good one for Village Tinker:

Just now, my golf cart garage remote started opening my neighbor's main door. Neither of us had changed anything and it was fine 3 hours ago. What happened, and more importantly, how to fix it??????
We had that happen when we rented for the month of January. Every morning our garage door would go up and we started to notice the same car leaving the front of the house. We thought it may have been someone who just happened to have the same code and hated the dreaded short term renters and they were just messing with us. Turned out it was the neighbor across the street and he had no idea it was happening. We got permission from the owner to clear out all the codes and reprogram the opener and all was well.
In your case I would imagine it would be best to talk to your neighbor about reprogramming his opener. I don't think the remote can be programmed. Reprogramming only takes a few minutes and ALL his remotes would have to be programmed again. Instructions can be found online. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2024, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
IMHO, one of you needs to change the codes, I would suggest the neighbor just in case they still have the possible contractor code. I would erase ALL of the codes in the opener, then reprogram with their remotes, and finally double check that your remote no longer operates their opener. The instructions are available online, and I may have them electronically but will need to check.

Also, I have no idea why the sudden change in the operation, unless one of you where working with the equipent.
This happened to my Allstar opener a couple years ago. I changed the code, and no issues since. My neighbor’s opener started opening at random intervals while they were away. A change of code stopped this for about a month, and then it started happening again. Another erase and change needed. Or a new garage door opener.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Just now, my golf cart garage remote started opening my neighbor's main door. Neither of us had changed anything and it was fine 3 hours ago. What happened, and more importantly, how to fix it??????
Call Romac - They will email instructions for free on how to re-program your wall remote with a paper clip.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:59 AM

I called this number at Romac and she sent me easy directions that worked just fine.

HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL.

Alex Libberton
Lady Lake Garage Door Customer Service

352-748-4575

722 Duck Lake Rd., Lady Lake, FL 32159

icon RoMac Building Supply | High-Quality Building Materials and Services in Central Florida
Old 03-20-2024, 10:55 AM

Don’t know why they put these garage door openers in these homes. They don’t appear to use rolling codes like Genie and other brands.
Old 03-20-2024, 12:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
Don’t know why they put these garage door openers in these homes. They don’t appear to use rolling codes like Genie and other brands.
Economics?
Old 03-20-2024, 02:49 PM
Default This just happened to me …

Quote:

Only my neighbor’s opener started opening my garage door. We both have MVP garage door openers. I performed the procedure to erase all codes from my door operator and then the procedure for it to “relearn” the code stored in my remotes. Procedures to do this are in the MVP manual and also on line.

Didn’t have to change the 9-digit code (9 combinations of the +, - and 0 buttons on the remote). As a matter of fact, I don’t even know what the code is. Just did the process to erase what the operator had “learned” and then have it relearn whatever code was already set up in my system.

Problem solved.

Phil P
Old 03-20-2024, 03:39 PM

MVP only has 19,683 combinations of the code. Given the number of the houses in the range of the remote, this problem is not going to go away any time soon unless we all upgrade it to something more advanced :-)

Cheers!

Last edited by Scbang; 03-20-2024 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-20-2024, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
MVP only has 19,683 combinations of the code. Given the number of the houses in the range of the remote, this problem is not going to go away any time soon unless we all upgrade it to something more advanced :-)

Cheers!
How many houses do you think are within the range of your garage door remote when used from in front of your house? I'll bet it's not 19,000. It might be a few dozen, but likely not more than that.

Old 03-21-2024, 07:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
It's the Developer's fault.
Quote:
Wrong! It's the snowbirds fault
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWGifford View Post
Wait, are you sure? It might have been a dog.
If you don't like it here why don't you just move?
Old 03-21-2024, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Nooooooo….. If GE or DeW58 moved I would be deprived of what makes TOTV so informative and entertaining!
Lighten up!
Old 03-21-2024, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
To whom were you addressing that "intelligent" question????

Tags
garage, door, changed, importantly, happened

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.