The "garage house" in Tall Trees

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2019, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I don't think that it's envy. The neighbors feel that this house now stands out as being very different, and thus unterupts the homogenous nature of the neighborhood. The same thing happened when a house was being expeanded on the historic side. I don't believe that they are bad people acting out of ill feeling.
If you mean the red house, I think it stood out primarily because it is red, and looks more like a normal non-Florida community house, than it does a dwelling that might belong in what was once a trailer park and still contains manufactured homes.

If that's the house you mean, I absolutely love that house. Yes it stands out but it's magnificent and is a perfect landmark to explain to people when to turn to get to my house!
Old 08-16-2019, 01:49 PM

Currently all are operating in good faith that the use of the property will be adding to the quiet and peaceful, friendly atmosphere in TT. This is expected so no need for any action is needed.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:55 PM

The way the neighbors were treated the first day in inquiry about the project was in no way compatible with the friendliest neighborhood in Florida theme. Calls to the office went unreturned and neighbors were hung up on by standards administrators. Calls to public relations administrators for contact information were denied. Very unfortunate. Richard Baier and staff were a pleasant exception.

Last edited by kmmp555; 08-17-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:58 PM

They did a very nice job on the landscaping. The active and continuing dialogue helped.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:04 PM

The irony is going after oak tree owners and white cross "offenders." as projects of a larger scope go without staff review.
A revamp of the entire process, staff professionalism and procedures could be reviewed to ensure consistency and fairness universally.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmp555 View Post
The irony is going after oak tree owners and white cross "offenders." as projects of a larger scope go without staff review.
A revamp of the entire process, staff professionalism and procedures could be reviewed to ensure consistency and fairness universally.
Methinks you are still banging your drum, when the band has long gone home.
The gentleman concerned, applied for relevant permission.
It was granted.
He built.
It's there.
End of!
Old 08-16-2019, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Methinks you are still banging your drum, when the band has long gone home.
The gentleman concerned, applied for relevant permission.
It was granted.
He built.
It's there.
End of!
Yes, that is how it would work in a dictatorship.

However, it sounds like with the landscaping it’s ok. I hope people have learned from this process for the next time.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
I was a neighbor down the street from this house.
No, they didn't have every toy in the garage but what they did have was an old truck and cars. That was the owner's hobby.
Would a storage unit be another option? Of course work on any vehicles is not allowed inside or outside by FL state fire and safety codes.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Richard Baier and staff were a pleasant exception.
I think we are very lucky to have this man in charge, too.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Yes, that is how it would work in a dictatorship.

However, it sounds like with the landscaping it’s ok. I hope people have learned from this process for the next time.
Sounds very democratic and law abiding to me.
I am glad you approve of the landscaping, I am sure the owner will rest easy now.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
There is room there for a neighborhood party when it’s raining.
Now that we have meet the owner. It Would have been nice if there was some mechanism whereby neighbors could communicate some way during the process. Gary Lester who is the Administrator involved with public relations would not return numerous phone calls throughout the months long construction phase. Perhaps this could have been of assistance for all involved parties?
Old 08-16-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I don't think that it's envy. The neighbors feel that this house now stands out as being very different, and thus unterupts the homogenous nature of the neighborhood. The same thing happened when a house was being expeanded on the historic side. I don't believe that they are bad people acting out of ill feeling.
Thank you. Therewas no jealousy involved. Just drainage concerns, aesthetic conformity and use that is consistent with R-1 zoning code. Thank you.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Now that we have meet the owner. It Would have been nice if there was some mechanism whereby neighbors could communicate some way during the process. Gary Lester who is the Administrator involved with public relations would not return numerous phone calls throughout the months long construction phase. Perhaps this could have been of assistance for all involved parties?
Doesn't Gary Lester work for the Developer...... not the District? Why would you call him?
Old 08-16-2019, 04:00 PM
Sage

All is well that ends well.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
The time to communicate would be during the approval process..... not after.

You can sign up to receive a copy of the ARC agenda for each of their meetings.
VCDD e-Notifications Sign Up

The Architecurual Review Committee (ARC) meets every Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. at the District office located at 984 Old Mill Run, The Villages, FL 32162. It meets for approximately 2-4 hours each week and review approximately 100 applications per week. All meetings are open to the public and the committee operates under the Florida “Sunshine Law”.

The ARC shall administratively review for approval or denial all owner applications seeking to make EXTERNAL structural alterations (including but not limited to landscaping, fencing, sheds, arbors or similar items) home re-paintings, additions, repairs or improvements to their home.

Said review shall be done and in accordance with each individual District’s adopted Rule, guidelines, procedures, policies and standards taking into consideration staff’s recommendations regarding said compliance.
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, trees, tall, arc, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.