Gary Morse has passed.

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I was in the life insurance business for More than twentY-five years and in that business we have to be very aware of life expectancy and mortality rates. While it is true the life expectancy at birth is about 77 for males, that includes infants that die, teenagers that die accidentally, and so on. Life expectancy changes as we live on, as we have survived some of our peers. Life expectancy at age 65 is approximately 83 for males and over 85 for females. At 70 male life expectancy is 84 and female 86. At 77 the life expectancy for males is almost 87 and if you took into account his wealth and assumed relatively healthy lifestyle, plus the gene factor, with his dad living into his nineties, indeed, Gary Morse was rather young to die at 77.
Interesting info. Thanks Ed.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
An old friend of mine used to say that a benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government. There is never any gridlock. Decisions get made. You may not always agree with them, but things get done.
Actually your old friend is quite right. In Political Science classes, they teach exactly that, the most efficient form of government. Of course the drawback to it typically is the successorship. Gary seemed to be a rather humble individual, and an inspired leader from most reports. The Jobs comparison is not unjustified. Many wealthy people got that way in shameful ways, and did not make the world around them a better place to live. A few men come along and make a tremendous difference, and they usually are not forgotten.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I was greatly saddened to hear of the passing of this great man. God Bless you Gary Morse and your entire family. I would love to see a grass root movement start here on TOTV a to have the Villages name something special in his honor, like maybe the Performing Arts Center? I know it is presently designated for his late wife Sharon, but it seems fitting that two magnificent edifices so nearby be named for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
If the family is given a little time, maybe they will do just that. After all, isn't really up to them?
The performing arts center was already named after Sharon Morse before Gary Morse's death, but perhaps it would be renamed after them both.

But I agree with Bogey that it's up to the family, and time will tell.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Veteran member

RIP Gary Morse. I felt really sad to hear the news. Condolences to the family.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Once in Awhile

In everyones life time someone comes along who has had a profound impact on their and others life. The effects of their leadership and ability to see a new world cannot be overstated. Gary Morse was one of those rare individuals who fullfiled all of these qualities. He has left an impact on all of our lives and we are all better off because he lived. I am sure he is in a better place and is able to have the rest he so richly deserves. Of course we wish only the best for his children and grand children and although they have big shoes to fill we can all be secure in the knowledge that they have been raised by a wonderful family and will continue to carry the flag of their grandfather and father.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Sage
Default ... But his legacy lives

It was a sad day at work today in New Home Contracts, where Gary's legacy always looms large.

May his children, Mark, Jennifer and Tracy; his wife Rene; and all of the family find peace and comfort in the prayers and well-wishes of so many, in their cherished memories of Gary and in his tremendous legacy.

May all of us who work for the Morse family continue our efforts to make dreams come true for current and future residents.

Thank you, Gary and family, for this place I am so fond of calling Lower Paradise and home.

May you rest in peace in Upper Paradise.

Gary Morse has died. Long live his legacy!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:15 PM

It's sad that he has left us. He provided us such a great place to live. Sympathy to his family.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
It was a sad day at work today in New Home Contracts, where Gary's legacy always looms large.

May his children, Mark, Jennifer and Tracy; his wife Rene; and all of the family find peace and comfort in the prayers and well-wishes of so many, in their cherished memories of Gary and in his tremendous legacy.

May all of us who work for the Morse family continue our efforts to make dreams come true for current and future residents.

Thank you, Gary and family, for this place I am so fond of calling Lower Paradise and home.

May you rest in peace in Upper Paradise.

Gary Morse has died. Long live his legacy!
Well said Phyllis.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:52 PM

RIP Mr. Morse. Thank you for such a beautiful place to live. Prayers and condolences to the family.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

too early.

leaving a legacy, but the real legacy of any person is their family. great family.

i hope we celebrate his life and his legacy.

love and happiness to his family and God bless gary.

glad i met him and enjoyed him as "a guy i met"

Old 10-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Sage

i have never met Gary Morse nor even seen a photo of him (i don't get the paper) and this afternoon i heard about his death on the radio as i was driving along. it indeed was like losing a dear friend, and i thought about all the happiness he has brought to so many people. surely God will bless him greatly and he will be well remembered...i really like the idea of a statue in his honor or naming the new theatre after both him and his late wife...my sincere condolences to his family and friends and i wish i had met him.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Default Yesterday's New Year

I share my poem with our Villages community with special condolences to the Morse family and friends at Gary Morse's passing.
=======================

Yesterday's New Year

Tick........Tick........Tick........Tick........Ti ck........Tick

After seconds turn to minutes,
and days become weeks, a New Year
becomes yesterday's memories.

Just one second before
the end of time,
flashing thoughts fade,
as the past
subtracts the extraneous.

And loved ones make the
difference,
and still remember
Yesterday's New Year.

Tick........Tick........Tick........Tick

Be humble to one, before Yesterday passes, because
Tomorrow may never come,

just before
the
Future is done.

When two is still one and one.

Before Yesterday's Tomorrow
becomes
Yesterday's New Year

Tick..Tick..Tick..Tick..Tick.Tick.Tick.TickTickTic kTickTickTickTickTickTickTick
Old 10-30-2014, 11:03 PM

We too feel like we lost a family member. Looking around today at The Villages in light of his passing, all took on a new and deeper meaning, We hope the family of Gary Morse knows how grateful we are for all that he and his family have done to create a place as special as The Villages. With heartfelt sympathy, God Bless Gary and his Family

"“Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there. "
Ray Bradbury

Last edited by stenteach; 10-30-2014 at 11:04 PM. Reason: addition of info
Old 10-30-2014, 11:23 PM
Default Very Sad Day

My wife and I are so grateful to have the privilege to live in The Villages. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look around at this wonderful and amazing place and realize we have found the most perfect place for us to retire.

For Harold, Gary , and the entire family we thank you so much for all the blood, sweat, and tears that have been put forth to create this magnificent place.

Our deepest sympathy to the family as you go thru this difficult time and trust the many memories will sustain you .

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 10-31-2014, 04:58 AM

My God. What a shock to just read this. We feel as if we have lost a close family member. Thank you Gary for your vision and hard work and making this such a joyous community for people like us to spend their Golden years. Our thoughts, prayers and condolences are with the Morse family during this sad time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.