gas station by barnes an noble?

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Veteran member
Default gas station by barnes an noble?

along with a gas station for golf carts that they are building near Barnes & Noble, will there be a convenience store built-in with that for retail sales such as a 7-Eleven or racetrack? would be great to have some type of 24 hour place in the bowels of this bubble! I can only imagine what exorbitant price per gallon for the gas that's going to be charged!
Old 07-13-2014, 04:28 AM
Sage

No convenience store. It will be a gas station/ golf cart service station.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:33 AM
Veteran member

Any update on timeframe for completion?
Old 07-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Gold member

I think the convenience of having a "cart's only gas station" is just that, "Carts only"!! Saves people having to go to rt 466 or Colony to get gas for cart. I would think they would have a few snack's etc inside, but probably an agreement with other business's in Sumter Landing, so there wouldn't be competition. I myself, like the idea of carts only, so automobiles don't tie up the traffic around book store and Landing area. They might have repairs there also. Great idea no matter what! Actually it's like having station in a parking lot, and cart traffic would be ok.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:01 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,787 Times in 3,652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
No convenience store. It will be a gas station/ golf cart service station.
Love it!!
Old 07-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Sage

It will be a convenient cart gas/service station.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
I think the convenience of having a "cart's only gas station" is just that, "Carts only"!! Saves people having to go to rt 466 or Colony to get gas for cart. I would think they would have a few snack's etc inside, but probably an agreement with other business's in Sumter Landing, so there wouldn't be competition. I myself, like the idea of carts only, so automobiles don't tie up the traffic around book store and Landing area. They might have repairs there also. Great idea no matter what! Actually it's like having station in a parking lot, and cart traffic would be ok.
Wonder if the Powers to be will mandate they turn back the speed on the golf carts they service .Just Like Villages golf carts doe no cart over 20mph leaves the shop
Old 07-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Wonder if the Powers to be will mandate they turn back the speed on the golf carts they service .Just Like Villages golf carts doe no cart over 20mph leaves the shop
Only if you want them to
Old 07-13-2014, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
I can't imagine them doing that. Why would they turn away business? I've ben down in that area a few times and have been low on gas. I needed to go from LSL and west on 466 out to the where the gas stations are. Of course I might be a bit spoiled by having two gas stations within a 1/4 mile of my house.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:12 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Are you aware of what's involved in adjusting the governor on a Yamaha gas cart, their number one seller?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Veteran member

I recently purchased a new '14 Yamaha golf cart from the Villages store and the sales person told me that the new location will have a 90 cart showroom and a 10 bay repair facility along with a gas station for just golf carts. The anticipated completion date is November.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Karostay, that is a very good question and carries with it some very interesting legal implications? Also it will be interesting to see what their repair costs will be vis a vis outside repair shops. It is also going to be interesting to see how the outside repair shops react to this new facility?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Karostay, that is a very good question and carries with it some very interesting legal implications? Also it will be interesting to see what their repair costs will be vis a vis outside repair shops. It is also going to be interesting to see how the outside repair shops react to this new facility?
I will likely use that place for gas since it is far more convenient than 466, Colony, or the new Pinellas station. But my service guy comes to the house so I can continue whatever I want to do while my cart is repaired and that's also more convenient. And I won't have to worry about something being done to my cart I didn't authorize.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
I will likely use that place for gas since it is far more convenient than 466, Colony, or the new Pinellas station. But my service guy comes to the house so I can continue whatever I want to do while my cart is repaired and that's also more convenient. And I won't have to worry about something being done to my cart I didn't authorize.
mikeod: that's genius
Old 07-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I would rather not see a convenience store in that beautiful location with all kinds of weird people prowling around all night. Jusy saying.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.