Gate Openers

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2022, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,001 Times in 5,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Can you post a link to where to buy the “gizmo”? Thanks.
Here is the gizmo. You can buy the discs separately, and I would suggest you buy the largest ones you can find, because the small ones don't work very well in the mirror.

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Dupl...%2C174&sr=8-17
Old 08-24-2022, 08:59 AM

I never open my car window. Just get close enough to the sensor and place my card against the window and magic happens.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:17 AM

WOW. Such an inconvenience. How often do you come through a gate when it’s raining: a half dozen times a year? And even if it’s more, it’s such a problem that you need to put an window down and have your arm outside the window for ten seconds or less.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,409 Times in 4,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
FYI...the gate pass works right thru the glass...no need to open the window or get one of those gadgets
Ours don't...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-24-2022, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Old 08-24-2022, 12:35 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,236 Times in 343 Posts

Our card does not trigger the sensor 1/3 of the time through the window. We get close to the sensor, but still…. We simply put the window down and…. No big deal.

As an aside and reason why I don’t mind putting the window down. I bought a used Mercedes in 1990 or so, it was about 6 years old. After I bought it I realized both rear windows did not power down. Grrr. Brought it to a repair shop and they told me that this was typical of luxury cars. So many drivers simply never use the power windows in the back. And after some time the motors freeze or such. Had to have both rear door motors replaced…$$$
So from that time on I don’t mind using the power windows and put the rear ones down every couple weeks. Like use it or lose it???
Old 08-24-2022, 04:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I've heard most of these things. Working through a closed window, mine does not.
Reason-beats me. Type of glass in the car?
The card worked through the window on my previous car (2018 Honda Pilot ) but will not work through my Tesla window.

The passenger side and driver side windows on the Tesla are double pane windows for noise abatement so I’m sure that the window type is a factor….
Old 08-24-2022, 04:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry It's the Developer's Fault!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickersbond View Post
I didn't like having to lower my window and reach out with my card or push the Red button when it was raining. Also didn't like opening my window in the dark. So I contacted Joe Striano at 845-542-7365.
He came to the house and placed sensors on my driver's side mirror. Now I pull up to the gate box - wait a second - and voila, the gate opens. He's reliable and reasonable and likeable. Nice to sit in your care and say, "Open Sesame" and have it work.
If the developer wasn't so damn cheap, everyone would have a decal so no one would have to open their window!
Old 08-24-2022, 05:49 PM
Default Gate Card & Red button

You are over 18!! Push the RED BUTTON and get over it!!
Old 08-24-2022, 06:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool The Gates are a Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpilot View Post
You are over 18!! Push the RED BUTTON and get over it!!
No one should have to push a button to gain entry into a gated, bogus gated community!

And oh . . . .
I didn't know you had to be over 18 to push that red button!
Old 08-25-2022, 04:38 PM

I have it too because of a friend. She keeps her cars a lot longer than I do. She has had her window fixed twice so far. She had a gate card where she used to live and had the same car with her when she moved here The repairman told her that opening and closing your window constantly will eventually lead to it not working any more. I think it burns out. She sells real estate and enters different villages every day. If you keep your car a long time you might want to consider doing this. It was interesting to watch how he was able to turn that automatic window almost completely around. He said it is made to do that if it ever needs to be repaired. This is who I had install mine and they are licensed and insured.
Tri Line Services Ed Ingalls 217-433-1394
Old 08-25-2022, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,001 Times in 5,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddfl View Post
I have it too because of a friend. She keeps her cars a lot longer than I do. She has had her window fixed twice so far. She had a gate card where she used to live and had the same car with her when she moved here The repairman told her that opening and closing your window constantly will eventually lead to it not working any more. I think it burns out. She sells real estate and enters different villages every day. If you keep your car a long time you might want to consider doing this. It was interesting to watch how he was able to turn that automatic window almost completely around. He said it is made to do that if it ever needs to be repaired. This is who I had install mine and they are licensed and insured.
Tri Line Services Ed Ingalls 217-433-1394
Please post the license type and license number for Tri Line Services. I have never been able to find any evidence that the company or the owner has any business license in Florida.
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, window, mirror, voila, pull

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.