Gate Passes like Sun Pass or EZ Pass

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Sunpass EZ pass are good because traffic does not need to be separated . whereas at the man gates we have a resident side and a visitors side. Thse are public roads and so if you issue residents of TV Sunpasses then what would ou do with nonresidents that use these gates daily
Old 02-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

how much more are you willing to pay each month in amenity fees to have Sunpass gates here in TV?

Me? Absolutely nothing. I agree with a prior post, just set the gate on auto, do away with the push buttons, enter via any lane and throw the cards away!

No deterioration in the faux security and a significant drop in mainteneace costs.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:33 PM

ok ok enough!!!!!

The people who planned and built this place did a great job...... I bet there are many things each and everyone of us would like change, but, we moved here because we liked it...

the gates work when we use them properly.. The gate people help in any way they can....

Why not enjoy living here and stop posting things that YOU THINK needs to be changed... Do not like it here, than move..
Old 02-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you stop at the sensor and wait 30 seconds, the gate will open automatically. I know..I know, it slows traffic but you don't get wet.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:45 PM

Don't open the window.

Pull up close like at an ATM, wave your card, gate opens.

Yep, I'm just that lazy!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Sage

The last community I lived in, Boynton Beach Fl., had a unit that worked like sunpass .........when it worked. Problem was it was hit or miss. There was times when I couldn't get in the gate and have to go to another gate that maybe would work. When I moved here I was amazed at the reliability of our gates. There was a post quite a long time ago here about how often car window openers had to be repaired for those living in gated communities. They weren't designed to be opened and closed that many times and are very expensive to fix.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
When we lived in Naples we were in a real gated community. We had a barcode sticker in our passenger side rear window, as we approached the gate it got scanned and the gate opened. When anyone moved their sticker got deactivated. Never got wet!
Seems like a digital camera and a printer would let anyone duplicate a barcode and stick it on their car?
Old 02-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
When build-out occurs, I think you will see a change not only in the gates but other ways that might save money.
Unfortunately, I think you're right. When the politicians get control of TV you'll likely see drastic changes. I'll just enjoy what we have while we have it. Waving a card is not a big deal.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Veteran member

Sometimes it works and sometimes not from the inside of the car. I think if they could change the sensitivity of the passes by extending the signal even 6-8" further out, we could do it from our windows without having to almost scrape the curb by getting so close and without opening our windows.

Last edited by borjo; 02-09-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:16 PM

We live in a gated community, Sun Lakes, AZ. We have small stickers on the inside (upper left) of the windshield and they are read by an RF pickup antenna. It is not an optical bar code reader. They work pretty well and seem to keep the traffic moving. It's a bit like the EZ-Pass system. I imagine opening your windows (especially power windows ) all the time can lead to maintenance issues.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:40 PM
Platinum member

I have noticed that not ALL gates will open through the windows and not ALL gates will open if you wait 30 seconds. I'm not lazy and it's not getting wet that I mind so much but I am concerned with the maintenance caused by the window being raised and lowered so often. I had one go out once with the window in the down position and it cost over $400 to repair!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Default gate passes

Lets all try and remember to post these suggestions the next time The Villages has a survey to fill out.
I think a bar code on the inside of the window would be a perfect solution to rolling down the window, so the gate would automatically just open. I for one find it most annoying to keep rolling down my window, plus it makes me nervous to have to roll down my window coming home late at night when I am alone. I find it a safety issue, and prefer to keep my windows up and doors locked until I get safely in my garage. Just my opinion.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
Lets all try and remember to post these suggestions the next time The Villages has a survey to fill out.
I think a bar code on the inside of the window would be a perfect solution to rolling down the window, so the gate would automatically just open. I for one find it most annoying to keep rolling down my window, plus it makes me nervous to have to roll down my window coming home late at night when I am alone. I find it a safety issue, and prefer to keep my windows up and doors locked until I get safely in my garage. Just my opinion.
Just a question do you really feel that unsafe that you nerd to keep your window up and doors locked
Old 02-09-2014, 04:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Some dreams can be quite expensive...................
There isn't anything more expensive than paying salaries for people to man a gate (all of them) day-in and day-out forever, in addition to the expense of maintaining these gates, etc. on streets that are public.

Does anyone have any idea what this costs per annum?

Anyone who thinks these gates are a deterrent is _________. (you fill in the blank.)
Old 02-09-2014, 05:48 AM
Gold member

Lets hear from some Gate Keepers, and reasons why we should have Gate Keepers. I know the gate on Morse & 466 heading North, needs one. Without gate keeper there, traffic would be much slower. They do a great job, rotating resident & visitor gates. (Imagine if they weren't there?)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.