Gate Posts Improvement ??

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2023, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,089 Times in 4,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
People today laughing about Global Warming and the associated cause (IC engine pollutants) are NOT having consideration for the FUTURE generations that will suffer because of today's generation of Climate DENIERS. We all have seen the time-lapse photos of the DISAPPEARING glaciers. Warming is undeniable!
Of course warming is undeniable. 20,000 years ago NY City was under 2 miles of ice, now it is temperate, and in 20,000 years it will be under 400 feet of water. Then the cycle will repeat as it has done at least a dozen times in the last 4 million years of our current ice age. And some glaciers are shrinking as others are growing, just as parts of the Antarctic ice shelf are shrinking as other parts grow. The only unanswered question that I have posed multiple times is : What kind of SUV did Fred Flintstone drive that caused the last 20,000 years of global warming?????
Old 04-19-2023, 07:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRN View Post
While I agree with your assessment, please don't steer these idiots towards golf carts instead of their motor vehicles!!! You can't cure STUPID regardless of the vehicle that they can't operate effectively.
Actually the golf cart is a logical step down from a car as you age. I will look for it later, but there’s research indicating a golf cart community allows the elderly, who shouldn’t be driving to keep some degree of independence.
Lower speed, lighter vehicles and less traffic on MMP vs streets.
I’m not saying the elderly should drive from Richmond to LSL - but to drive golf cart a few streets to paly a game of cards is better than the isolation of sitting in the home alone.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,232 Times in 933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
At over $200.00 charges to repair them, someone is making great money $$$$$.
Have you ever had to call for a plumber or electrician to fix a problem? Most have a fee of $100 or more just to drive to your house and any parts and time to fix the problem is additional.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
If those who try to beat the gates or tailgate were eliminated from the numbers I am guessing there would not be as many broken gate arms! Those who are in a hurry and try to beat the system should bear the burden of the costs.

If the cameras serve their purpose then there should be a significant fine charged (enough to pay for gate repair/replace).

But like so many things these days, for what ever reasons there is no enforcement.....hence violations continue and those who violate feel free to continue doing so.

I agree wholeheartedly with the last statement, "no enforcement, so violations continue. I live on a 25 MPH residential street and most Golf Carts that are NOT souped up adhere to that speed limit. Maybe 50% of the lawn maintenance outlaws observe that speed limit. Maybe 70% of resident cars and trucks observe the speed limit. I have seen occasional law enforcement speed traps in my Village, but NEVER on my street, which carries much of this Village's traffic. I have never heard of a Police trap to check for Golf Cart speed governor tampering.
......Once upon a time in NYC there was a concept of "broken windows" - which needed to be stopped before the lawlessness spread. That was a good concept and I for one would vote for MORE Police to prevent illegal tampering of the speed limits of Golf Carts. .........Because just like in NYC, you allow a small law to be broken and you have INCREASED lawlessness. Which we have now in TV Land in the form of speeding and at night, drunken driving AND speeding.
......This ruins the whole IMAGE of the Villages as a clean-cut, safe, crime-free, American destination city. Little negligences leads to bigger criminal activity. Today there is a thread about golf bags being stolen. That represents a lot of money invested by TV Landers and is just ONE ADDITIONAL attraction that those with nefarious intentions have to prey upon OLDER, wealthier retirees.
......Pretty soon, if the Police do NOT stop these smaller crimes from happening, we will have car theft rings preying on seniors and on and on to GREATER CRIMES.
....The Villages is at a TURNING POINT where it could LOSE its reputation as a great Senior Destination!
Old 04-19-2023, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,089 Times in 4,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with the last statement, "no enforcement, so violations continue. I live on a 25 MPH residential street and most Golf Carts that are NOT souped up adhere to that speed limit. Maybe 50% of the lawn maintenance outlaws observe that speed limit. Maybe 70% of resident cars and trucks observe the speed limit. I have seen occasional law enforcement speed traps in my Village, but NEVER on my street, which carries much of this Village's traffic. I have never heard of a Police trap to check for Golf Cart speed governor tampering.
......Once upon a time in NYC there was a concept of "broken windows" - which needed to be stopped before the lawlessness spread. That was a good concept and I for one would vote for MORE Police to prevent illegal tampering of the speed limits of Golf Carts. .........Because just like in NYC, you allow a small law to be broken and you have INCREASED lawlessness. Which we have now in TV Land in the form of speeding and at night, drunken driving AND speeding.
......This ruins the whole IMAGE of the Villages as a clean-cut, safe, crime-free, American destination city. Little negligences leads to bigger criminal activity. Today there is a thread about golf bags being stolen. That represents a lot of money invested by TV Landers and is just ONE ADDITIONAL attraction that those with nefarious intentions have to prey upon OLDER, wealthier retirees.
......Pretty soon, if the Police do NOT stop these smaller crimes from happening, we will have car theft rings preying on seniors and on and on to GREATER CRIMES.
....The Villages is at a TURNING POINT where it could LOSE its reputation as a great Senior Destination!
Yes, by all means let's spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to catch those arch-villains and criminal masterminds that drive a golf cart at 20.1 mph. Let's pro-actively give them the death penalty, since we all know that speeding at 20.1 leads to the greater crime of mass murder. Book 'em, Danno!!!!!
Old 04-19-2023, 11:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Of course warming is undeniable. 20,000 years ago NY City was under 2 miles of ice, now it is temperate, and in 20,000 years it will be under 400 feet of water. Then the cycle will repeat as it has done at least a dozen times in the last 4 million years of our current ice age. And some glaciers are shrinking as others are growing, just as parts of the Antarctic ice shelf are shrinking as other parts grow. The only unanswered question that I have posed multiple times is : What kind of SUV did Fred Flintstone drive that caused the last 20,000 years of global warming?????
Yes, warming (recent man-made warming) IS undeniable. And it is always wrong to say that the problem of broken gates can be solved simply by Seniors getting eye exams. That is like saying after age 65 that ALL Villagers MUST relocate away from the Villages. We all know that perfection only exists in the afterlife, so we must be ready to give a helping hand up to Villagers with limited vision due to advancing age (no fault of their own). One possibility would be a useful, efficient bus line for residents who would gladly sell their car in favor of buses. Another possibility is to realize that many roads and streets are designed like ONLY 25-year-olds are driving on them. A lot of improvement (at a small cost) could be done in that area.
........There are a multitude of ways that TV Land could be improved for the PLUS 65 crowd. I really wonder if any of the POWERS THAT BE are EVEN interested in LISTENING to them. They do vote and they DO have POWER.
.........It appears that rapid development (and cutting home quality) are the current mantras and NOT resident life QUALITY.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, by all means let's spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to catch those arch-villains and criminal masterminds that drive a golf cart at 20.1 mph. Let's pro-actively give them the death penalty, since we all know that speeding at 20.1 leads to the greater crime of mass murder. Book 'em, Danno!!!!!
We all know of Golf Carts that can do 40 MPH. There was even recently a TOTV poster that bragged that his cart could do 45 or 50 MPH. It is not a matter of 1/10 of a MPH. That is REDICULOUS to the point of even my laughter.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
I will give EXTRA CREDIT for the use of effective HUMOR in the disparaging remarks. But, it FAILS to NEGATE in ANY way the logic of my remarks. And the seriousness of the suggestions for the community, which DOES appear to be at a crossroads leading to downward quality of life here in The Villages. (also property values).
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, posts, t.v, bright, up/down

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.