Getting around

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2020, 04:37 PM
Default Getting around

Can you really get around the entire villages using just a golf cart? What is walking like, my wife actually likes to walk to the supermarkets, is that doable here(she walks a lot).Thinking of coming this year to check place out, can you actually go from hotels there to Villages area with just a golf cart? Are there certain areas in the Villages more active(clubs, activities, etc.) than others? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:56 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

I would suggest renting for a month to check things out as nothing anyone tells you will be a substitute for seeing for yourself. It's too big to see in just a week.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:46 PM

There are a couple of hotels internal to The Villages. I suggest you contact The Villages and schedule a Life Style Visit. You will get a much better experience. No sales pressure. The place sells itself.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

You can get to anything in The Villages north of 44 via golf cart including supermarkets, restaurants, country clubs, county govt. offices, and medical centers. Areas south of 44 are scheduled to be connected real soon now. We have found that we can get to everything we need via a golf cart.

Be aware that there are some businesses on the other side of the road from The Villages that are not accessible via a golf cart; they look close but you can't get there.

There are sidewalks or multi-modal paths (MMP) that can be used to walk everywhere in The Villages. The only issue might be distance - The Villages is something like 12 miles north to south.

There is at least one hotel that is golf cart accessible; there might be more but we haven't looked into that.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The most central location in the established Villages is LSL (Lake Sumter Landing) and the Waterfront Hotel is two blocks away. You can walk to bars, restaurants, movie theaters, Barnes & Nobles, a golf cart store, the square and see live bands, you can do alot even without a golf cart. Stay there for a few days.

The Waterfront Inn The Villages, Florida, US - Reservations.com

The Villages Florida
Old 12-03-2020, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

You do need to rent a house for a good month to understand this place and what it has to offer
Old 12-04-2020, 05:57 AM

On the East side of 27/441 (over the golf cart bridge to the historic section) there is a golf cart entry/exit which if you take the track northwards you will also be able to access places not on the villages e.g Wal Mart, Aldi, Lowes, Bealls and many others. Travel further north and you can access a 27/441 crossing then head south and you can get to the Shops of Spruce Creek which has many useful shops and restaurants e.g. a Comcast store, a very good jewellers that does any kind of watch and clock battery & and a particular favourite the Sams St. John Seafood Restaurant. It's a bit of an expedition but it can be done. Wouldn't really recommend walking anywhere - this place is enormous I think by the latest news I have it's over 75 square miles and growing. Good Luck p.s. Town Place suites in in Spanish Springs and also the Holiday Inn Express and another one nearby are all golf cart accessable to the villages.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1946 View Post
On the East side of 27/441 (over the golf cart bridge to the historic section) there is a golf cart entry/exit which if you take the track northwards you will also be able to access places not on the villages e.g Wal Mart, Aldi, Lowes, Bealls and many others. Travel further north and you can access a 27/441 crossing then head south and you can get to the Shops of Spruce Creek which has many useful shops and restaurants e.g. a Comcast store, a very good jewellers that does any kind of watch and clock battery & and a particular favourite the Sams St. John Seafood Restaurant. It's a bit of an expedition but it can be done. Wouldn't really recommend walking anywhere - this place is enormous I think by the latest news I have it's over 75 square miles and growing. Good Luck p.s. Town Place suites in in Spanish Springs and also the Holiday Inn Express and another one nearby are all golf cart accessable to the villages.
To get over to Spruce Creek do you cross at a light or is there a specific golf cart crossing?
Old 12-04-2020, 06:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Yes, you can get to every place in The Villages and even a few spots just outside by golf cart.

Yes, you can walk to the supermarkets depending on far you live from them and how far you are willing to walk. If that's important to you, you might want to search from a home that is close to a supermarket.

All of the areas are the same as far as activities. You are not restricted to activities in your area. I run a club and pre Covid, people came from all over The Villages. In fact we have one member that make a ten mile trip by bicycle every week.

Come down, do a lifestyle visit and let your real estate agent know what your preferences are.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:31 AM

I believe the Waterfront Inn is no longer in business.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

I also concur that Lake Sumter Landing and its surroundings is the most central. It can be quite a trek to get places on your golf cart. I wish mine had cruise control! HAHA So being in the middle gives you faster golf cart access to it all. There are rec centers, pools and pickleball/tennis courts in every village, but if you stay here a while, you may find where your favorite club activities are, which may influence your residency choice.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:36 AM

I was going to ask the same question about the 441/27 crossing.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I also concur that Lake Sumter Landing and its surroundings is the most central. It can be quite a trek to get places on your golf cart. I wish mine had cruise control! HAHA So being in the middle gives you faster golf cart access to it all. There are rec centers, pools and pickleball/tennis courts in every village, but if you stay here a while, you may find where your favorite club activities are, which may influence your residency choice.
You do have cruise control it is set for 20 mph just hold the gas peddle all the way down. 😊
Old 12-04-2020, 07:04 AM

Wow you have too many questions for just 1 post.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:25 AM

It is open
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, cart, golf, hotels, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.