Getting rid of large garbage

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Default Getting rid of large garbage

I have a round table and four chairs of patio furniture that has been totally destroyed by the hot weather...I have to throw it away but have no idea how to get rid of it here in the villages. My home state had a "large pick up" number to call and the sanitation workers would give you an appointment and come and pick up this stuff for you. How do you get rid of large things here? The table has a glass top and the plastic weaving on all of it is split and falling off in pieces. I am widowed and have no way to carry this anywhere.
Thanks for any info you can give me...
Old 04-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Veteran member

You call the county you live in and request a large item pick up. They will pick it up from the curb so you will maybe need a neighbor or two to help you get it out there on the day they say they will come and get it.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

In our neighborhood we've seen this fellow driving thru the night before trash pick up with a large trailer picking up old grills, lawn furniture, awnings, and who knows what else twice a week. Don't know what areas he hits.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:13 PM

Effective December 27, 2012 The North Sumter County Utility Dependent District (NSCUDD) became the provider of the solid waste sanitation services for the Marion and Sumter County portion of The Villages when it purchased Sumter Sanitation. The Sumter Sanitation services are contracted through CH2M HILL OMI.

Does the fee include disposal of bulk items?

Yes. Please contact the service provider directly to schedule pick-up of bulk items. Their office is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (excluding holidays) at 352-748-0109

How do I dispose of household waste, recyclables and yard waste?
•Household waste should be placed in standard dark, sealed 20-30 gallon trash bags. Each bag should weigh no more than forty (40) pounds.
•Recyclables should be placed in clear plastic bags.
•Yard waste should be bundled, tied and placed at the end of your driveway. Tree limbs and branches may not exceed four (4) feet in length. Lawn clippings and similar yard waste should be placed in biodegradable bags.

Where do I dispose of bulk items that do not fit inside the bag?
Garbage too big, bulky or heavy to fit in a normal trash bag is considered a “bulk item.” Bulk items should be scheduled for a pick-up. Bulk items include furniture, large household trash, pallets, homeowner-generated remodeling debris, bicycles, lawn mowers, trimmings, mattresses, loose items in open boxes, toilets, carpeting, fencing, lumber, computers, and other electronic equipment.

Bulk items should be placed curbside and at least three feet (3’) away from your normal household garbage, mailboxes, utility poles, trees, gas or water meters, fire hydrants, cars, sprinkler heads or anything else that collection equipment could damage, or come in contact with. Do not mix bulk items, appliances and yard waste, or collection cannot take place.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.