Glass Enclosure for lanai.

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2019, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Glass Enclosure for lanai.

I don't want to harm anyone's business unfairly. We have contracted with one of the major Lanai Window Enclosure companies in The Villages, and all of a sudden all production has stopped and it has now been more than four months.

If anyone else has had this difficulty, please private message me.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:34 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

We had an appointment with one of the big ones that has a showroom in Leesburg. Not only did the salesman not show up at our home, they didn't even call to cancel the appointment. I called them and they asked to re-schedule it and I think you know what my answer was. We ended up contraction with All Season Rooms and if it doesn't rain the job should be done by tomorrow. I wish you good luck Gracie.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:58 AM
Sage

Have you contacted Seniors Againest Crime?? Just a thought. It stinks when these companies (who advertise) come and take $$$ then don't follow through with what they promised. I suspect you signed a contract. Maybe contact an attorney (it doesn't cost to have a consultation with them).
Old 06-20-2019, 08:21 AM
Sage

My "gut" feeling is, get ready for another Fl contractor going bankrupt, if they require $$ down, beware--if they go bankrupt--you're out of luck
Old 06-20-2019, 08:30 AM

If a deposit is required, ALWAYS pay by credit card. I do and I never have a problem. The contractor is aware that I can dispute the charge if the contract is not fulfilled.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Does the contractor give an explanation why no work has been done on the project for four months?
Old 06-20-2019, 10:32 PM

Why not mention the name? You could prevent others from making the same mistake of choosing this contractor or you may here from others who had very good service.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:37 AM

I heard CVS is the one to contract with for lanai enclosures.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Assuming it can't be T&D because of your past praises and their reputation for customer service all I can say is good luck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2019, 08:10 AM

We are presently working with Harbortown Homes and are very pleased with them ! Enclosing our lanai was a big decision and expense but they have been very professional so far in the early stage though. Rick the owner is a true gentlemen and professional, he has answered all my questions. I had many working for an architectural firm for 30 years.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:49 AM
Platinum member

We had Custom Windows from Leesburg do our lanai in Dec 2018 and we were extremely pleased with their work. We did have some small issues, but they came out rif ht away and fixed everything. I hope yours turns out good for you, GG.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2019, 10:33 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I'm the second owner of my current home. I'd like to know who installed the glass in the lanai, as I'd like to use the same outfit in a soon to be built home. Is there someone in The Villages I can call to see if they did it during construction, or someone in the county to see who pulled a permit post construction ?? As an FYI I happened to stop by "a showroom" in Leesburg the other day expecting to get a decent look at two products.. I must say they were not prepared for someone to randomly show up.. I interrupted the first persons lunch, the second person tried to shew me away, and a salesperson wouldnt get off their duff and gave person number 2 a WAG estimate..with an 8 week lead time, I didnt walk away with any sense of comfort
Old 06-21-2019, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I think the key is.............."please private message me"

Looks like she is keeping private with information and not hammering a contractor. Class-act. Probably just looking for other experiences.
I draw the line short of private messaging including to me about social media for various reasons - one is just that "privacy".
Old 06-21-2019, 12:13 PM
Default Highly recommend Custom Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
We had Custom Windows from Leesburg do our lanai in Dec 2018 and we were extremely pleased with their work. We did have some small issues, but they came out rif ht away and fixed everything. I hope yours turns out good for you, GG.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
We are also extremely pleased with Custom Windows from Leesburg.
We placed our order the 2nd week of May and they delivered and installed this week. Quality materials and excellent workmanship!

If you go to their office/showroom expecting a flashy big city type show room and sales staff you may be disappointed but they sell a good product and do what they say they will do in a high quality manner.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
I'm the second owner of my current home. I'd like to know who installed the glass in the lanai, as I'd like to use the same outfit in a soon to be built home. Is there someone in The Villages I can call to see if they did it during construction, or someone in the county to see who pulled a permit post construction ?? As an FYI I happened to stop by "a showroom" in Leesburg the other day expecting to get a decent look at two products.. I must say they were not prepared for someone to randomly show up.. I interrupted the first persons lunch, the second person tried to shew me away, and a salesperson wouldnt get off their duff and gave person number 2 a WAG estimate..with an 8 week lead time, I didnt walk away with any sense of comfort
If the house is in Sumter Co., you can go to "etrakit" for Sumter and register to use the site to enter your property info to see if someone pulled a permit after construction.
Closed Thread

Tags
enclosure, lanai, stopped, production, months

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.