GMR vaccinations suspended??

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2021, 07:41 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

I am blown away how fast people are willing to be lab rats.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:43 AM

This morning I had a text that said there was an important email for me explaining the situation. But I did not get any email. I know they have my email address correctly bc theyresponded to my original sign up. Did this happen to anyone else?

Please don’t start with the political. Anytime you doing up a worldwide roll out like this there are glitches. FUBAR is correct. We really need to keep this thread going to help each other so no political please.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:47 AM

I thought that DeSantis just stated that there was 250,000 doses available for our area. I am on the waitlist but will not "lose my position on the registry". Why should I believe that?
Old 01-17-2021, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,741 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMM View Post
This morning I had a text that said there was an important email for me explaining the situation. But I did not get any email. I know they have my email address correctly bc theyresponded to my original sign up. Did this happen to anyone else?

Please don’t start with the political. Anytime you doing up a worldwide roll out like this there are glitches. FUBAR is correct. We really need to keep this thread going to help each other so no political please.
Here is the text of the email.

Due to unforeseen circumstances surrounding the national vaccine supply, we are temporarily suspending the operation of the mass vaccination site in Sumter County. Here’s what you need to know:

If you received an appointment for your second dose, your appointment will remain as scheduled until further notice. If we do not receive the necessary doses, we will reschedule your second vaccination appointment.All 7,500 scheduled appointments for first doses, including those who received scheduling codes but have not yet scheduled, have been placed on hold until we receive adequate supply of the vaccine.If you have registered but have not yet received a scheduling code, you will remain waitlisted in the order received. Rest assured, you will not lose your place on our registry.We will continue to process registrations for vaccines and place individuals on the waitlist to adequately assess demand and report those totals to the Florida Department of Health.

Global Medical Response teams are committed to the Sumter County community's needs and are working very closely with the State of Florida Department of Emergency Management and Florida Department of Health. We are prepared to resume vaccinations as soon as we receive notice that vaccine doses are available.

Like so many of you, we are hopeful that the vaccine supply opens up quickly. We thank you for your understanding of this situation which is beyond our control. Our intention in establishing the vaccination site is to ensure that this community has immediate access to vaccines so that we can all edge closer to brighter days. Please stay safe!
Old 01-17-2021, 07:51 AM

I just got the email direct from them, at least they confirm I am on a waitlist, so that’s somewhat comforting.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Then you have approximately 65% protection, as opposed to >98% protection.
That is only if you DON'T get a second dose, not if it is delayed.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

Got a phone call 3:37 am that I had a email this morning about the vaccination. Why the hell would you call someone at this time
Old 01-17-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,178 Times in 1,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaunchyRich View Post
Put the mask back on
The mask should not have been removed in the first place. Even after the 2nd shot, we have been requested by the CDC and Dr. Fauci to continue to follow the virus mitigation protocols until further notice. That means to continue to wear the mask and social distance. Bummer, isn't it?
Old 01-17-2021, 08:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merled View Post
Yep, I got that email notice this morning too.
Same with us. Very discouraging. We did not even have the 1st shot. Although the jury is out on how effective only 1 inoculation would be, wish we had at least that.

Hope situation is corrected soon. Can’t believe the money spent so far & still such a quagmire. So many deaths...shudder to think this would be our country’s best effort should we have the misfortune to be in another war.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:01 AM

One question, does anyone know if any of the vaccine being produced in the US is being shipped overseas?
Old 01-17-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacDQ View Post
The news has released Biden’s new plan and they will be distributing the remaining vaccine differently. Targeting those in areas hit the hardest.
I guess Florida is not on the list.
I have been watching the worldometers.info site for months, tracking cases and deaths. Florida has been consistently third in the number of cases, and we also have the third most population. South Florida has been where most of the cases and deaths are located....Miami as of yesterday has 4561 deaths so far, compared to Marion at 534, Lake at 377, and Sumter at 156 deaths total since last March. So, statistically The Villages certainly is not the most needy area of FL. Seniors here have been doing the right things to avoid getting sick.
What concerns me though, is that yesterday, the new deaths for Miami were 33, Marion had 5, Lake had 28, and Sumter had 30 new deaths! Usually Sumter crawls along with 1 new death every few days....what happened? That is a huge jump for a county with only 156 deaths total!
Old 01-17-2021, 08:17 AM

More Covid mismanagement by the Feds and state.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:30 AM

Keep the Masks on. As far as additional deaths and or cases the winter population has increased. Visitors , Snowbirds. Also attitudes... heard people say "heck got my shot don't need the mask". Bummer they got Covid!
Yes someone screwed the American people all over the country. It isn't just here in Florida. Maybe you need to check with other states and see if they have any doses?
More vaccines will be released in upcoming months. Johnson and Johnson should be out in March... one shot! We have delt with this for almost a year. Mask social distancing wash hands and work at staying healthy.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
Just received e-mail from GMR stating event on hold until they receive more doses of the vaccine. I was scheduled for first shot Jan 19
It really seems as though the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I get messages saying the vaccinations are "on hold", and then I get a reminder to go on line and pick a time. Apparently the "on hold" is correct but I live close by so I'm going to take a ride by anyway, just in case.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucatan2 View Post
I have been watching the worldometers.info site for months, tracking cases and deaths. Florida has been consistently third in the number of cases, and we also have the third most population. South Florida has been where most of the cases and deaths are located....Miami as of yesterday has 4561 deaths so far, compared to Marion at 534, Lake at 377, and Sumter at 156 deaths total since last March. So, statistically The Villages certainly is not the most needy area of FL. Seniors here have been doing the right things to avoid getting sick.
What concerns me though, is that yesterday, the new deaths for Miami were 33, Marion had 5, Lake had 28, and Sumter had 30 new deaths! Usually Sumter crawls along with 1 new death every few days....what happened? That is a huge jump for a county with only 156 deaths total!
Agree with You that you cannot just look at total cases. Because our population is so large we will always have more cases (the same with CA and TX). You need to look at cases per million population on the Website. If you do that you will see Florida is slightly below the national average for cases per million. Now you can say that Florida has a higher percentage of at risk patients so we should be a priority. But looking at deaths per million Florida again is very close to the national average. So Florida is really better off than many other states in cases per million and deaths per million. The Worldometers site is a great place for information, but you need to be careful just looking at raw numbers.
Closed Thread

Tags
gmr, vaccinations, suspended, read

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.