God Bless The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Default God Bless The Villages

This afternoon I played 9 holes at Briarwood executive

It was 78 degrees, and a nice gentleman joined me on the first tee

There was nobody in front of us the whole nine, nobody cut me off in a roundabout, boxed me in, or ice picked my tires. I hit 7 out of 9 greens and made 7 pars, 1 birdie and 1 bogie. The greens were great and ran true. It was a great Christmas eve afternoon.

That is all
Old 12-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Dear Putt now that's the kind of post we should have on Christmas eve. Merry Christmas from Len & Mary
Old 12-24-2016, 08:17 PM

Old 12-24-2016, 08:41 PM

A few more details about my day. Before golf I went to my local Publix, it was a bit crowded but I got everything I needed including 6-7 BOGOs, and was checked out less than 5 minutes after entering a line. Everybody said Merry Christmas. I had no problems finding a place to park my cart.

Then I went to my neighborhood post office. I parked sideways cuz nobody was there, gave my Postperson a tip for the Holidays and was out of there before anyone could have a fit. Several dog walkers could be seen with poop bags obeying the rules. Then I went home and had a drink.

PS I stopped almost completly at all stop signs, and used the snazzy turn signal mirrors on my cart religiously.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt4Dough View Post
This afternoon I played 9 holes at Briarwood executive

It was 78 degrees, and a nice gentleman joined me on the first tee

There was nobody in front of us the whole nine, nobody cut me off in a roundabout, boxed me in, or ice picked my tires. I hit 7 out of 9 greens and made 7 pars, 1 birdie and 1 bogie. The greens were great and ran true. It was a great Christmas eve afternoon.

That is all
It is Paradise. Oops, you forgot to mention no one was probably whining and complaining about our Ambassador's looking for balls in "environmentally sensitive" areas (another post).
Old 12-24-2016, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Come on Peace On Earth For 24 Hours. This place is saving my life and it is what you make out of it. Merry Christmas To All. GE put up an observation not a verdict on someone who was willing to risk all for new balls!!! Just Nuts!!
Old 12-24-2016, 09:10 PM

Merry Xmas everyone. I will be golfing for the very 1st time tomorrow on Xmas day 2016.
My favorite cousin in the whole wid world, Connie ( we're named after our grandmother) is
Taking me to Chula to golf, then cooking a spiral ham for dinner. Loving it.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
It is Paradise. Oops, you forgot to mention no one was probably whining and complaining about our Ambassador's looking for balls in "environmentally sensitive" areas (another post).
The last people I will worry about are Golf Ambassadors who have a thankless job for minimum wages, I'd probably tell the guy to watch out for crocs and if he had good deals on some Titleists we could talk.

Its amazing to me what people here get bothered about when all they need to concentrate on is having fun. Or not....
Old 12-24-2016, 10:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I've retired officially as of 2 weeks ago with my best friend, and man's best friend in the most beautiful place I've ever had the privilege of living. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night !
Old 12-24-2016, 10:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
I've retired officially as of 2 weeks ago with my best friend, and man's best friend in the most beautiful place I've ever had the privilege of living. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night !
Congratulations RickeyD, Health & Happiness coming your way!
Old 12-25-2016, 05:16 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
The last people I will worry about are Golf Ambassadors who have a thankless job for minimum wages, I'd probably tell the guy to watch out for crocs and if he had good deals on some Titleists we could talk.

Its amazing to me what people here get bothered about when all they need to concentrate on is having fun. Or not....
In all due respect the resident who posted about the ambassador hawking for balls in high water was expressing "a sight seldom seen". You mis-characterize his comments when you use the term "worry"

God Bless America
Old 12-25-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
A few more details about my day. Before golf I went to my local Publix, it was a bit crowded but I got everything I needed including 6-7 BOGOs, and was checked out less than 5 minutes after entering a line. Everybody said Merry Christmas. I had no problems finding a place to park my cart.

Then I went to my neighborhood post office. I parked sideways cuz nobody was there, gave my Postperson a tip for the Holidays and was out of there before anyone could have a fit. Several dog walkers could be seen with poop bags obeying the rules. Then I went home and had a drink.

PS I stopped almost completly at all stop signs, and used the snazzy turn signal mirrors on my cart religiously.
I like the way you think!
Old 12-25-2016, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
In all due respect the resident who posted about the ambassador hawking for balls in high water was expressing "a sight seldom seen". You mis-characterize his comments when you use the term "worry"

God Bless America
It's OK Ruby, it's obvious that poster just didn't get it. It's the Holiday season and we all have a lot on our minds. I thought the uniqueness of the observation was worth noting, but the subtlety of the slightly political comment "above the law" followed by the tag line of Fox news may have escaped him.

By the way, I know this ambassador well, he is about the nicest guy on the planet. I've seen him just about every day he works for over a year and spoken with him frequently. He even helped me deal with a dead tree on the golf course. I was concerned that he waded into that water further than I've ever seen anyone.

To the person who posted that comment: If you had been on this site more frequently and for a longer time, you would know I have had nothing but praise for our ambassadors and have vigorously defended them against petty attacks on TOTV

In either case, there is no ill will at this end

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2016, 08:15 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Merry Christmas to all! Peace on earth everyday
Old 12-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Gold member

Now THAT is an uplifting post. We really do live in a wonderful town where the vast majority of folks are civil, obey the rules, and maintain their homes with pride. Add to that, many smiling faces and cheery "good morning"s MERRY CHRISTMAS
Closed Thread

Tags
great, greens, afternoon, made, pars

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.