Golf- access, reservations?

Old 05-07-2024, 03:12 PM
Default Golf- access, reservations?

We've done a Lifestyle Visit; I'm going to rent a place in July for ~3 weeks. I get the impression that there is a system to golfing access. I guess first I have to get the homeowner to buy me a pass. Then what? Just show up at an executive course? Can I rent clubs for the wife? Will I need a reservation? How to make it? Are the pitch / putts just walk up? I'm a poor golfer so I wouldn't be using championship courses. Are there other poor golfers out there? How busy are the courses in July? I imagine Tee times from opening to 10 AM would be tight.

Let's stop here. Maybe I'll have more questions. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2024, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,031 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsPete View Post
We've done a Lifestyle Visit; I'm going to rent a place in July for ~3 weeks. I get the impression that there is a system to golfing access. I guess first I have to get the homeowner to buy me a pass. Then what? Just show up at an executive course? Can I rent clubs for the wife? Will I need a reservation? How to make it? Are the pitch / putts just walk up? I'm a poor golfer so I wouldn't be using championship courses. Are there other poor golfers out there? How busy are the courses in July? I imagine Tee times from opening to 10 AM would be tight.

I think all your questions can be answered here:

[url=http://www.golfthevillages.com/index.asp]
Old 05-07-2024, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,649 Times in 3,164 Posts

Quote:

Kinda curious - you had a Lifestyle Visit, but you didn't ask the agent all these questions then? Is there a reason you didn't?

Anyway - you could show up and hope for an open spot, but there's no guarantee you'd get one. If you want to know for sure that you'll get out on the course, you have to make a tee time, and you'd need a Villages ID or guest pass in order to make it. You can get the Tee Time system here: 352-753-4653 or visit TheVillages.net. No idea about the pitch-n-putts. Club rental is $20 for 9 holes. There's also a trail fee if you choose to take a cart on the executive course, I believe it's $4. And if you rent a cart (rather than bringing one from your rented home), it's an additional $7 per person for the rental. There's also a greens fee of $7 for all guests between May and October.

Those prices are all for executive courses. Country Club courses are higher.

Your landlord should provide you with a guest pass, which allows you access to most of the amenities (sports pools and certain clubs don't allow guests, residents only). You'll need to bring the pass with you to any amenity, from the pools to the rec centers, shuffleboard courts, etc. They don't always ask for a Villages ID/guest pass, but if they do ask and you don't have it in your possession, you won't be allowed to proceed with your activity til you go back to your house and get it.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,934 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:

See a private message. . pitch and putts in Marsh Bend are both walk up and reservations if I remember correctly. marsh bend has plenty of shade on one half for July heat. . great courses to practice on if a true beginner. . rated by number of lost balls. . .

Tags
courses, july, rent, access, poor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.