Golf Buddy

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2020, 12:54 PM
Default Golf Buddy

I am at the Villages, staying at a hotel for 2 weeks, looking for a local to golf with. I'm early 60's male, 20ish handicap. not the best golfer, but I play quickly.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacaudio View Post
I am at the Villages, staying at a hotel for 2 weeks, looking for a local to golf with. I'm early 60's male, 20ish handicap. not the best golfer, but I play quickly.
Go to any executive course, you don't need a teetime there is always twosomes and threesomes going off. Soon as you're there and pay up and they have an opening they'll put you in as long as the group doesn't object. It would be hard to rent a golf cart because those are at the country clubs, so hopefully you're a walker, if you want a pull cart you can rent one for a dollar or so. This also a good way to meet people and learn about TV, the neighborhoods, the courses, most people here are friendly and will talk to new people.

With a 20ish handicap you'll fit in better with many of the executive golfers. Going to a championship you'll need to rent a golf cart, I'll doubt anybody will allow a stranger to ride them right now. Sounds like you shoot about a 90, and on a strange course you're looking at shooting a 100, I'd stay away from the championship for now, the executives would be the better fit.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, early, play, golfer, handicap

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.