Golf Cart accident

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Default Golf Cart accident

I was looking for our Daily Sun to have some news on a golf cart accident that happened last Sunday about 8:30 PM on Morris Blvd just south of Hacienda golf course. What I saw was a pretty serious accident. I guess a guy a girl was driving north on Morris with a bottle of vodka in the golf cart and decided to do a U turn in front of a car, I guess you all know the out come of this deal. Here is another snub for our local paper.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

It was almost comical. The couple had had a fight and he shoved her out of the cart, so there was one ambulance near Rio Grande/Navarro for her. She called him to let him know she was hurt, so he went to make a u-turn without looking and got hit by a van. He may have broken his leg. I have no idea what the injury was to her. The poor woman who hit him was almost hysterical and he was constantly saying he was sorry and it was all his fault. He claimed his wife/fiance/girl friend was the only one who was drunk.

No one was quite sure if the bottle of vodka was his but it was assumed so. They'd been drinking in the square -- the cups were still in the cart.

Only reason I know all of this was that I stopped to put a blanket on him while we all waited for the ambulance to show up.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-24-2010, 06:07 PM

Non life threatening injuries thankfully!

What were they fighting about?

What's important that was left out of this post...the vodka, was any spilt?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
It was almost comical. The couple had had a fight and he shoved her out of the cart, so there was one ambulance near Rio Grande/Navarro for her. She called him to let him know she was hurt, so he went to make a u-turn without looking and got hit by a van. He may have broken his leg. I have no idea what the injury was to her. The poor woman who hit him was almost hysterical and he was constantly saying he was sorry and it was all his fault. He claimed his wife/fiance/girl friend was the only one who was drunk.

No one was quite sure if the bottle of vodka was his but it was assumed so. They'd been drinking in the square -- the cups were still in the cart.

Only reason I know all of this was that I stopped to put a blanket on him while we all waited for the ambulance to show up.
Red, you're amazing. Always in the know, always on the spot!

BTW, Were their names Ricky and Lucy?! Glad to hear no one was killed.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.