Golf Cart Accident on BUena Vista Rec Trail

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Default Golf Cart Accident on BUena Vista Rec Trail

Serious golf cart accident on Buena Vista Recreational trail, just north of 466A at Turtle Mound, Looked like a head on. People are being tended to Ambulance police fire truck in route. Hope all is well, nothing to serious.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRichm369 View Post
Serious golf cart accident on Buena Vista Recreational trail, just north of 466A at Turtle Mound, Looked like a head on. People are being tended to Ambulance police fire truck in route. Hope all is well, nothing to serious.
I saw the carts with one piled onto the side of the other in the curve at Turtle Mound near 466A. I've had a couple of close calls there myself. Just one more of the reasons I sold the Yamaha cart last week and will stick to the car. Prayers for those involved.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Platinum member

We've had close calls there at that last curve before 466A with people cutting the corner. Hope the injuries are not too serious.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We've seen a few fly around the corners like they must think no one else in the villages uses those trails. See it all over TV.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Wish they had golf cart Police on the trails I would gladly pay an additional amenity fee to cover cost.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I just read that the Florida Highway Patrol is investigating this accident. That really surprised me. I didn't think that they would investigate and accident on a cart path.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I just read that the Florida Highway Patrol is investigating this accident. That really surprised me. I didn't think that they would investigate and accident on a cart path.
I concur. We frequently see TOTV comments regarding the lack of oversight our respective sheriffs have over carts on the multimodal paths. So I was really surprised to see the FHP involved.

I passed the accident shortly after it happened. 2 SC Sheriff cars; 2 fire trucks, at least 1 ambulance and a large group of carts. I wonder if the uninjured driver had a seat belt on and the injured driver/passenger did not?
Old 01-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I suspect that a motor vehicle (carts fall within that definition) accident resulting in personal injury requires law enforcement presence and investigation.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:18 PM

I think they can investigate and report on the accident. It involves motor vehicles and injury. Because it occurred on the recreation trail I don't believe any citations can be issued.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post
I think they can investigate and report on the accident. It involves motor vehicles and injury. Because it occurred on the recreation trail I don't believe any citations can be issued.
Citations can be issued; open container, DUI, underage driver, etc.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Citations can be issued; open container, DUI, underage driver, etc.

Good to know. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:00 PM
Veteran member

Been here for over 5 years and this is the craziest year for driving behaviors ever, both carts and cars. We have had so many close calls while driving our golf cart this year, it is scary.

The worst or closest one was when we were driving our golf cart on St. Charles southbound approaching Pennecamp. We were slowing down to make the right onto Pennecamp when some idiot driving a large Class A motorhome towing a pickup truck made an abrupt right onto Pennecamp Drive (no turn signal, of course). Good brakes and the fact that we were slowing down to make the turn saved us.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:23 PM

Carts and cars alike, in going on eight years, I have never seen more rude drivers of both types of vehicles in manners and speeding. I would recommend stiff penalties. By the way, all of our friends are saying the same thing.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:28 PM

I came up on the accident before EMTs Police got there it looked like the situation was under control and I would only have made a bigger crowd so I passed on. would really hope that injuries were not severe. Any updates on condition of occupants involved would be welcome.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We were going down Woodridge the other night coming up to Southern Trace and a car turned right onto Woodridge so fast he hit the curb on the left. Luckily we were still far enough back to avoid them. If there were a car or cart at the stop they would have hit. Every day is a challenge.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.