GOLF CART CHARGING BATTERY

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Default GOLF CART CHARGING BATTERY

Though I own a home in TV I's till working and vacation in my home. I recently ordered an electric golf card and I thought I heard that you have to put something on the floor or under the charger to protect garage floor. I have an epoxy floor. Do I need something special and how big? Is a plastic tray okay? Any advice welcome. I'm a golf cart newbie...
Old 08-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: GOLF CART CHARGING BATTERY

I just use a couple big sheets of cardboard, if you don't over fill batteries you shouldn't have a problem. Remember when you top off your batteries always do it after you charge them, not before. Still it can't hurt to have something on the floor under the batteries just in case....
Old 08-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It will come with a charger, if we use our cart more than a 1/2 hour (which is the case almost every day) we put it on charge before we go to bed, on board computer will determine how long charge takes which depends on how much time it was used since last charge. Charge can last from a few hours to 10 hours.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:03 PM

Could you tell those of us who are interested in a cart in the future what you bought, Gas or Electric ? Did Village golf carts negotiate any? Need Input, data, info trying to figure this out: New cart vs. used cart. Where to buy then what to buy. Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 11:16 PM

Bama - Me too! I need all that information AND MORE. I know some like electric and others swear by a battery. We had contacted TV golf carts in Sumpter also but if you look at some of the earlier post's they rave about EZ - Go (or something like that) Now...very confused.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:03 AM

We have a piece of carpet beneath out cart. Sometimes the batteries spit a little, even if they aren't overfilled and you don't want the acid to get on your floor. The acid will eat the finish off your floor.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Carts are like cars, some people like Chrysler others swear by Ford and others will never drive anything but a GM.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.