Golf Cart Concerts Cancelled

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Gold member

Get there at 5:30 in 90*+ heat, with a good possibility of storms (show goes on rain or shine) and wait for 2 hours for the show, might be the underlying reason for slow ticket sales.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthegolfer View Post
Well everyone wishing to receive a ticket refund...your fun is just begun! It has be well over three months of waiting for my refund for Bob Seiger show. The Customer Relation Director said it will take four months to process a refund...that's correct and she will tell you how it is not their fault.... and how diligently they have been working to quickly process. Two weeks ago she said the request has been forwarded for payment..still nothing! Try it yourself at 352 750-5411 or email at Yasmeen.Stogden@thevillages.com. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
They called me Thursday about the drive-in concert cancellation and my refund was posted to my credit card on Friday. I've had a number of tickets cancelled, refunded, and rescheduled over the last 3 months and I've found the box office people to be very helpful. They are going through a tough time and must be making thousands of calls. Your situation is probably an aberration. Stuff happens. I'm sure it will get resolved eventually.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthegolfer View Post
Well everyone wishing to receive a ticket refund...your fun is just begun! It has be well over three months of waiting for my refund for Bob Seiger show. The Customer Relation Director said it will take four months to process a refund...that's correct and she will tell you how it is not their fault.... and how diligently they have been working to quickly process. Two weeks ago she said the request has been forwarded for payment..still nothing! Try it yourself at 352 750-5411 or email at Yasmeen.Stogden@thevillages.com. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
They called me Thursday about the drive-in concert cancellation and my refund was posted to my credit card on Friday. I've had a number of tickets cancelled, refunded, and rescheduled over the last 3 months and I've found the box office people to be very helpful. They are going through a tough time and must be making thousands of calls. Your situation is probably an aberration. Stuff happens. I'm sure it will get resolved eventually.
Our refund was processed the same day we were called; I guess the Entertainment Division doesn’t like bobthegolfer if he is having so much trouble getting his refund.

Try. Being. Nice.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycirocco@me.com View Post
Could the cancellation possibly be from the outrageous price asked for this event?? Come on, man, $100.00 per? Seriously?
I read that the cost was $60. per golf cart (two people only) and $60. per auto (two people only). I don't think that is outrageous at all. That equates to $30. per person. Of course, if you decided to go by yourself, you would pay the $60. But that would be your choice.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I was refunded almost $2000. 00 worth of tickets for the Sharon ( I bought some for others ) it was back in my next statement . I thought that was excellent , most people I’ve talk to had money back but second credit statementb
Old 07-04-2020, 03:05 PM

If they were really concerned about the virus they would not have offered concessions and would have permitted concert goers to bring coolers. Social distancing was built in to the parking plan. The cancellation is due to low ticket sales; it's all about the money.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two bills View Post
golf cart concerts cancelled

not a problem.
Our cart didn't want to go anyway!
mine either...……. Couldn't fine a date !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2020, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collector0915 View Post
If they were really concerned about the virus they would not have offered concessions and would have permitted concert goers to bring coolers. Social distancing was built in to the parking plan. The cancellation is due to low ticket sales; it's all about the money.
Very true
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, grounds, outdoor, concert, series

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.